Wednesday 1 December 2021

Snowy firs


Well here we are ... December already!! How are your Christmas cards coming along?? I'm still in feverish preparation mode, though no longer quite in "total panic" ... but I daren't take my eye off the ball!!

Today I would like to share a couple of CAS Christmas card I have made recently ... in fact I have made a couple of batches of cards very similar to these, around 8 cards in total. 

The general concept of stamping fir trees onto an inked panel in the middle of white space was inspired by a card I saw by Elizabeth Arden on Pinterest here .. I have adapted the idea by using a different combo of stamps, and different colours of ink on my background which is a deckle rectangle rather than a normal square.


For my first card I cut a deckle rectangle mask using my nestie dies, then used it to make a Distress Oxide panel which I spattered with water. I then stamped my trees using Versafine, and my star using Versamark and embossing with detail white EP. I added a sentiment and three teeny gems to mirror the colour grading on my inked panel, and matted simply on dusky blue glitter card.


My second card is very similar except that instead of spattering water onto my inked background I had my first go with my new white Posca pen to create snowflakes. I actually tried this technique on 4 cards and this was the best one .. I need to practice to get smaller spots!! 

Stamps: Lavinia “Fairy Fir Tree 2”, “Small Fairy Fir Tree”, “Small Fairy Fir Tree 2”, “North Star Mini”; sentiment - Stampendous (card 1), Elzybells (card 2);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks - Chipped Sapphire, Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Iced Spruce; Heat It Up detail white EP; Posca white pen;
Tools: Spellbinders nestabilities "Deckle rectangles"; corner punch; 
Glitter card and gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter: 

AAA CAS Challenge #204 - Along the Edge with Optional Twist - Snow
Country View Challenges (December) - Christmas Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore #94 - Anything Goes - DT FAVOURITE
Creatalicious #224 - Anything Goes with option of Christmas
Do-Al(l) Kreatives #60 - Christmas Fragrance is In The Air
Dream Valley #260 - Christmas
Shopping Our Stash #459 - Triple Threat - TOP 3
(tree images and gems on card 1)
Simon Says (Monday) - Sparkle Mode
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Happy Holidays / Christmas
Sparkles Christmas Challenge #131 - Non-Traditional Colours

Thanks very much for visiting today - take care and stay safe.
Hugs,

19 comments:

Quillish said...

Beautiful silhouette card with the snowy scene and lovely blended sky! Thank you for joining us at AAA Cards Challenge. Hugs ~ Ishani

Marianne's Craftroom said...

These are lovely. Great cas cards. I don’t know why your posts aren’t showing on my list unlike all the pther blogs so had to click to see if you had posted today. Something in your settings, maybe? No idea myself

Craftyfield said...

A lovely design for this snowy scene, very effective too! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges!

Heather said...

Oh Pauline, this is perfectly stunning. Love that gorgeous background, really sets off your fun trees, and the water spatter is so artful! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful cards Pauline love the tree stamps also that amazing backgrounds
hugs
lorraine x

Jane said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Pauline beautiful stamping love the scene you have created. Love Alison x

Jane.D said...

Beautiful cards!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous cards Pauline.
Lorraine

lauren bergold said...

what a gorgeous trio of trees against that beautiful blended ink background! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this time!

Doris Klein said...

This is pretty awesome! Wonderful work.. I really love it! Sorry.. it was a mistake...

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY
*GDT* Cheerful Sketches Challenge Blog

Monika Gulyas said...

Beautiful CAS cards and designs!!! I love them both!!! thank you for joining the December challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Fiona said...

I love this - such a fabulous wintery scene. - I still seem to be in panic mode even though I started Christmas crafting early. Thanks for joining in with us at Sparkles Christmas.

Joy Dsouza said...

Stunning card. Thank you for joining the AAA Cards Challenge.
- Joy Dsouza

Wies said...

Beautiful stamped winter scene with lovely background.
Thanks for joining us at DoAl(l)Kreatives.
Wies DT

Alex said...

Your cards are just awesome!
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck. Hope you will join us next month again.

Crafty greetings and have a beautiful Christmas!
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
Alex' Kreative Seite

Billie A said...

Very pretty card and love the image and colors. So glad you shared over at Sparkles Christmas and DAK.

Jessi said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! Love your card!
Thanks for join in...

Greetings
Jessi (Stempelhexerei)

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Beautiful C&S card! I love how you made the background look so watercolor!

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.