Saturday 25 December 2021

Christmas Love Dragons


🎄🎄🎄
Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄🎄🎄

I am scheduling this post as today I would like to show you the Christmas card I made for my husband …I never publish it until after he has had chance to open it on Christmas Day 😀

Back in September I made him a wedding anniversary card using the gorgeous Lee Holland cuddling “Love Dragons” image (post here); so when I saw the same dragons wearing Santa hats I just had to have that image for his Christmas card 😍


I coloured my image with Promarkers and drew “scales” with fine liner pens, then embellished the hats with holographic glitter, and created snowflakes with my Posca pen. I then matted and layered with my papers, ribbons, die cut and stamped sentiments, and die cut and punched snowflakes. I have to 'fess up that the teeny snowflakes were prompted by one of them needing to cover a smudge with my Posca pen .. but after so many hours creating the card I just had to rescue it!! 

My thanks also need to go to Alyce at Kit & Clowder for her fab colouring class which covered colouring LH dragons and drawing scales .. I think I still have some way to go but I love colouring them nonetheless!


Stamps: Lee Holland Christmas Dragon Couple; sentiments - Me To You;
Media: Promarkers;
Papers: LotV Nitwits ‘Twas The Night;
Tools: Tattered Lace die - Merry Christmas; Cuttlebug Cut ‘n’ Emboss - Ice Crystal; Martha Stewart snowflake punch;
Gems and glitter from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like It - Favourite Christmas Sentiment and why (2nd entry)
(I actually have several, but I always think Merry Christmas hits the spot, and this ornate Tattered Lace die never disappoints. Also I love making cards with the sentiment “For My Wonderful Husband” 😍)
Christmas With the Cuties #56 - ‘Twas the Challenge Before Christmas
( I have chosen theme #55 - Make A Card for Someone Special)
Crafter’s Cafe # 280 - Use Some of your Favourites (2nd entry)
(I have used.a Lee Holland dragon image, and my favourite Christmas sentiment die).
Crafty Calendar (December) - Christmas (3rd entry) - TOP 3
 Creative Moments #229 - Anything Goes
Cutie Pie Challenge #166 - Cute and Cuddly Christmas
DRU #183 - Anything Goes using a brand of die DRU sells (2nd entry)
(I have used Tattered Lace)
Passion for Markers #621 - Mega Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes (2nd entry) 
Uniko Challenge #68 - Celebrate with option of Reds and Greens (3rd entry)

I hope you are all enjoying time with your loved ones - I will be spending the day quietly with my husband, hopefully enjoying a lovely turkey dinner and chilling in front of the TV. Hope you all have a wonderful time whatever you’re doing. I will be taking a break from cardmaking and blogging over Christmas and look forward to seeing you on 1 January with my DT card for the first Allsorts challenge of 2022.

Until then - wishing you all a very happy, healthy and peaceful Christmas, and hope you stay safe in these uncertain times.
Thanks for visiting,
Hugs,

13 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card and so cute and coloured beautifully..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a great card, lovely layout and cute image. Merry Christmas

brenda said...

So sweet Pauline, hope you had a lovely day yesterday.

B x

Zw@@n said...

Oh wow, this card is stunning. I love the little dragons, they are beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at As You Like. xx Wilma

Lisa xx said...

This is so sweet, what a gorgeous image
Thank you so much for joining in with our Mega challenge at Passion for Markers

MortiCraft said...

What a lovely Christmas card. Lots of nice things to look at all around your card but the centrepiece is fabulous and well coloured. Thanks for playing along with Uniko. X

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Lovely cute card, thanks for sharing with us @ Cutie Pie's. Sue x

Marlene Atkinson said...

A very cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

The Crafty Den said...

Wow what a beautiful card Pauline. The image is so sweet and your colouring is amazing, especially the added details. Gorgeous papers too. Thank you for joining our Mega Christmas challenge 'anything goes' over at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Denise x
Happy New Year x x

Hannelie said...

I love everything about your card! It's beautifully designed, colored and executed!
Thank you so much for joining us at Uniko!

Helen said...

Beautiful Pauline - I'm sure he loved it!

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!..Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge:)
Wendy DT x

firoz mahmud said...

Thank you for sharing such a awesome article. I love it.To get best quality affordable Office Furniture please https://www.corporateofficeint.com/