Saturday 1 January 2022

Allsorts Challenge #657


Good morning everyone,

Happy New Year to you all, and welcome to 2022 - hope you all enjoyed the Christmas and New Year festivities despite the uncertain times we’re living in right now. 

It's the first Saturday of a brand new year, so it's time for a new Allsorts Challenge - hope you're raring to go for  new year of challenges, fab inspiration by my talented co-team members, and brilliant prizes. This week Brenda has chosen the first theme to kick off 2022 and it is

Black and White plus One Other Colour

This week's prize is a Rare Earth stamp set.


Here's my card for this week - I have chosen black and white + pink


I was fortunate enough to win the Simon Says (Wednesday) challenge a few weeks ago, and selected this fabulous stamp set by AALL and Create as my prize. Even despite the high postage charges from the U.S. I managed to take advantage of a Black Friday offer to effectively get this set for only 1/3 of the UK retail price which was well worth having 😀

The set includes 2 large flower heads plus various background and sentiment stamps - I actually chose it primarily for the other main flower, but then started thinking what I could do with this one.  I am “saving” the other one for a particular future challenge theme so watch this space! 😀

I created a smoosh background with distress ink and distress oxide, then stamped my main flower head, and also stamped the stalk from the other flower using a bit of masking tape. I did a bit of background stencilling with Distress Oxide, and a bit of background stamping from the same set using Versafine Clair in Morning Mist to give a softer look. I also added a bit of spatter using a stamp from anther set and more DO ink. I coloured the flower using Distress Oxide ink and added the main sentiment from an unknown set in my stash.

Stamps: AALL and Create Textured Flowers; spatters - Butterfly Kisses Clear-2-Collage; main sentiment - unknown;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Spun Sugar, Tattered Rose); Distress Oxide Inks (Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry); Versafine Onyx; Versafine Clair - Morning Mist;
Tools: Crafter's Companion stencil from stamp/stencil set "It's Time".

Challenges I would like to enter:

Creations In Pink #41 - Anything Goes in Mainly Pink
Krafty Chicks #592 - Anything Goes
(I have used a new AALL and Create stamp set)


Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

brenda said...

Great minds with the colour palette Pauline and Morning Mist is a perfect softer tone for background stamping, lovely card.

B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great use of that stamp, love the colours. Happy new year

Sarn said...

SUCH a lovely stamp set and I LOVE the card you've made with it. Right up my street!

Happy New Year to you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Helen said...

Happy New Year Pauline!
Gorgeous card - love your new stamps!
Helen x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Happy New Year!
A beautiful card, the stamp set looks gorgeous and you have made great use of the smaller 'worker' stamps too.
Lorraine

Ellibelle said...

So glad you were able to make use of the prize you won!! Your card is simply stunning, gorgeous background and love the flower as a focal point. Now I want to check out what else this pretty stamp set comes with as you mentioned another flower!

Anke said...

WOW Pauline your card is so beautiful, I love the colours and the flower.

All the best for 2020.

Anke

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful stamp.
Happy New Year;-))m

Tracy said...

I have this stamp set Pauline but not inked it up yet. Your creation is fabulous, love the background and colour too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lori Turner said...

Wow! This is very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge and Happy New Year to you xoxoxo

Linby said...

Well done winning this fab stamp set, you've put it to great effect with this vision in pink.

Pat K said...

Lovely colour combo on this beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

Jill said...

I love this stamp and the color scheme as well!

Thanks so much for joining us at The Gem of a Challenge!

Jill, Polkadoodles DT

Tiny Treasure Workshop

Jane Savage said...

Wonderful layering on this gorgeous card!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! Happy New Year! xxx

Jackie C said...

So pleased to see your entry here at Creations in Pink.
This is a lovely project.
Thanks for sharing.
Jackie DT @ Creations in Pink