Monday 31 January 2022

Sunset meadow


Good afternoon all,

Today I’d like to share the latest in my series of 5 inch square notelets … I’m pushing on in my mission to complete a set!!


The design of this one was inspired by another Jo Rice YouTube tutorial, though my card is a different shape so my flowers are closer together.  

I started by masking the top and bottom of my base card, then blending 4 colours of Distress Oxide ink from light to dark, to make a band across the card which I then spattered with water.  I then stamped my flowers using a mixture if Versafine Onyx, Versafine Sepia, and Sepia 2nd generation stamping to add dimension. I used my Lavinia circle mask and Distress Inks to make my setting sun, then coloured my poppies with a red Sakura sparkle pen, and highlighted the sun and other flowers with a gold sparkle pen. Lastly I stamped my sentiment directly onto the base card using my Press to Impress stamp positioner … job done!  I also stamped the envelope to match, but only used permanent ink so the envelope is suitable for posting.


Stamps: Lavinia Group Poppies, Wild Poppies, Dandelions, Field Grass; sentiment - Lee Holland set “You Are My Sunshine”;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Fossilized Amber, Sliced Marmalade, Ripe Persimon, Barn Door); Distress Inks (Tea Dye, Vintage Photo); Versafine (Onyx, Sepia); Sakura Gelly roll sparkle pens - red and gold. 

Challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Card Challenge #207 - CAS No Layers, with option Big Sentiment (3rd entry)


Crafter’s Cafe #281 - CAS (3rd entry)
Crafty Catz #580 - Anything Goes with option Add Flowers (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (4th entry)
Time Out #206 - Friend Quote (2nd entry)

That’s all for today .. I’d better get back to my inky mission 😀

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,


9 comments:

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Pauline. Love the beautiful shade of yellow and your fab stamping.
Lorraine x

Shauna said...

What a fab card! Beautiful work with ink and masking. The flowers are so nice and you added just the right amount of color. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out!
- Shauna

tilly said...

what a stunning background for your flowers, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

ÅsaJ said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

Linby said...

This is just gorgeous.

Sarn said...

So lovely. Can’t decide which one I like best out of this one and the blue one in your next post!!!!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Nancy said...

Love the silhouettes! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

Scraffky said...

Oh, so great colors!
Thank you for joining us at The Crafter’s Café Challenge Blog.
Kisses, Karolina Scraffky

Nancy said...

I love the silhouettes stamped over your ink blending... so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out Challenges!