Wednesday 2 February 2022

Moonlit Meadow


Hi everyone,

Following from Monday's post Sunset Meadow, I continued on my notelets mission, and thought it would be good to post a new twist on that - ie moonlit meadow!


As per my previous card, I started by masking the top and bottom of my base card, then blending Distress Oxide ink from light to dark, to make a band across the card which I then spattered with water.  I stamped my flowers using a mixture if Versafine and Versafine Clair 1st and 2nd generation, then I used my Lavinia circle mask and VFC to make my moon. I coloured my poppies with blue Sakura sparkle pen, and highlighted the moon and other flowers with a Sakura Stardust. Lastly I stamped my sentiment directly onto the base card.  

I also stamped the envelope to match.


As always the camera struggles to capture the sparkle .. here is an angled picture to try to show it.


Stamps: Lavinia Group Poppies, Wild Poppies, Dandelions, Field Grass; sentiment - Penny Black;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Chipped Sapphire, Prize Ribbon, Stormy Sky, Iced Spruce); Versafine (Onyx); Versafine Clair (Twilight, Morning Mist); Sakura Gelly roll sparkle pens - Stardust and blue. 

Challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Card Challenge #207 - CAS No Layers, with option Big Sentiment (4th entry)



Crafter’s Cafe #281 - CAS (4th entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (5th entry)
Time Out #206 - Friend Quote (3rd entry)



That’s all for today .. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Really lovely blending, and I just adore how you did that big and bold moon. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

brenda said...

You have captured the night atmosphere perfectly here Pauline.

B x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Fantastic card Pauline brilliant work. Love Alison x

Linby said...

wow! the different inks really change the mood completely and definitely looks like moonlight.

Sarn said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for sharing how it was made.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Gerrina said...

Wow the blemding and the flowers are stunning! Great card! Thank you for joining us at TIME out!

Ashwini Rao said...

How gorgeous! Love the look of the blue and the charming field of flowers. I love how you've added the sparkle as well - so fitting to this card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge!

Perfectly4med said...

Wow - you really have managed to achieve a lot of depth in your image, without using layers. Fantastic result. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards.

Neil

Quillish said...

Oh wow...this is an amazing one layer and so beautiful! Love the beautiful generation stamping and the overall design . Thank you for joining us at AAA Cards and Time out challenges with this elegant card. Hugs ~ Ishani.