Saturday 19 February 2022

Allsorts Challenge #664


Good morning everyone,

It's Saturday so here we are again with another weekly Allsorts Challenge. This week Lynn has chosen the theme and it is

I Love ...

We would love to see your makes featuring the things you love in crafting .. could include supplies, techniques, colours - the scope is endless!

This week we have 2 brilliant prizes on offer, kindly donated by Oakwood Direct who will be releasing their new spring 2022 stamps and stencils on the Craft Store on Monday (21st February) at 9am and 1pm (UK time). 

A surprise £15 prize bundle

and

this pretty stencil


Here's my card for this week.


There are so many things I love in crafting, including quite a few I have discovered since coming back to it last summer after several years away. My main new loves are distress oxide inks and stencilling; and I am also trying to get into a more "arty" style of stamping.  I also love dragonfly images, so this all came together for this week’s card using this stunning Visible Image stamp which just fell into my online shopping basket a couple of weeks ago!!

First I created a Distress Oxide background hexagon using my Press to Impress Art Board and stencils, which I then spattered with water to create a faux bleach effect. After stamping my main dragonfly image onto the inked background I lightly stencilled the top right and bottom left corners with an AALL & Create hexagon stencil, then did some 2nd generation background stamping in the opposite corners using AALL & Create and Indigo Blu background stamps. I mounted the finished panel onto a black cardstock border, and finished with my sentiments popped up on foam tape and a teeny tiny heart gem. 

I really am very pleased with how this card turned out as it represents a direction I'm keen to explore; though I have to say it's very easy to make a presentable card with such a stunning stamp.

Stamps: Visible Image - Dragonfly Dreams (dragonfly and "dreams" sentiment); AALL & Create #383 - Scripted Hexagons; Indigo Blu Collectors Edition No. 37 - Grungy Little Squares; "Follow Your.." sentiment - unknown;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Blueprint Sketch); Versafine (Onyx);
Tools: Crafts Too Press to Impress Art Board stencil - hexagon; AALL & Create stencil - Heapza Hexagons.
Heart gem from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafter's Cafe #282 - Make Your Own Background
Crafts Galore Encore #96 - Anything Goes - DT FAVOURITE
Crafty Calendar (February) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
NBUS #35 - Use Never Before Used Schtuff
(mine is my main dragonfly image, and Indigo Blu background stamp)
Stamping Sensations (February) - Anything Stamped with option of Wings or Tails (2nd entry)
We Love Stamping (February) - Anything Stamped with option to add Stencilling (3rd entry)

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

19 comments:

brenda said...

I had that Dragonfly down as A&C, so very similar to a set I have nut whatever it looks so beautiful in the hexagon along with the added stamping elements.

Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Mervi said...

As seeing your card I saw a summer view to the lake with gorgeous blue and green dragonflies flying by... but looked out of window just saw snow, snow and snow.
Fabulous card and thanks for sharing it at We Love Stamping Challenge too;-))m

Sarn said...

I absolutely LOVE this card Pauline.
Great inking, lovely stamping - what's not to like? It's FAB!
xxx

Zoechaos said...

I love this card there is a lot going on but it looks very Clean and Simple wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping, good luck xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A wonderful creation and beautifully designed with gorgeous stamping and stencilling too.
Lorraine

Lee said...

Beautiful.

Sue said...

Fabulous card thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

Darnell said...

It is a stunning stamp, but you get the credit for using it so effectively, Pauline! Love the dragonfly, stenciling, and the great colors! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love the design. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, We Love Stamping and TTCRD challenge. Anesha

Ellibelle said...

It turned out so beautifully, Pauline. Loving these colors, the stenciling is just fabulous, and stunning dragonfly. I'm shocked that I don't have a single dragonfly stamp, as I too love the creatures, in fact my blogging name "ellibelle" is partly made up with the German name of Dragonfly (Libelle)

NatureFootstep said...

I love dragonflies. I love to see them flying. :)

Fiona said...

this is beautiful, really striking!

Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sensations.

Fi
x

Linby said...

This looks so lovely with the pop of colour in the centre to highlight your stamp and the complementary stencilling.

cass said...

Wonderful stamp and stencil work. Thanks for joining us as The Crafter's Café this month and showing us your background.

Carol L said...

I just marvel over the way you put this card together! The colors behind the dragonfly look amazing, and then all those stenciled elements look fabulous! It's a beautiful work of art - simply amazing and so very creative!

Wendy L said...

This is gorgeous, I love all the different elements, xx

Tracy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I can see why that gorgeous dragonfly jumped into your basket, your composition is beautiful.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Helen said...

Beautifully put together - a very striking design.

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge

Helen x

Koyel Saha Chatterjee said...

Lovely background with a great focal point. Thank you so much for joining us in crafter's cafe challenge blog. ❤️ DT member Koyel..