Saturday 12 February 2022

Allsorts Challenge #663


Good morning everyone,

The week has flown by and it's Saturday again already ... so it's time for another weekly Allsorts Challenge. This week Ellie has chosen the theme and it is

CAS with option Elegance

So we would love to see your CAS cards (plenty of white or uncluttered space), which really lends itself to elegance if you feel that way inspired!

This week we have 2 more fab prizes up for grabs:

WOWVOW has kindly donated a £15 store voucher


and we also have this gorgeous AALL & Create stencil from Coleman's Craft Warehouse


Here's my card for this week.


Part of my inspiration for this card was a month long 10th birthday celebration that is going on over at Uniko, which includes a challenge to make a birthday card using Uniko products. I discovered this brand last year when I won a stamp set and chose some birthday sentiments, and I would love to have a few more! As I don't own any physical Uniko image stamps (yet!!) I used one of the digi images which Bev has kindly made available to enter this challenge.

I created a smoosh background on a  piece of card with Distress Oxide inks, then printed off my digi image twice and smooshed one of the images in the same colours. I fussy cut the inked flower head and adhered it on top of the plain image, after I had spattered it with some droplets of watered down DO and coloured the flower stems with Promarkers. I cut my smooshed panel with a deckle edge blade then adhered to my card base and popped up my flower image panel on foam tape. I stamped my Uniko sentiment words direct onto the card base, added a few sparkly gems and I was done.


Stamps: Uniko - Spring Botanicals (digi), Birthday Sentiments;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac, Twisted Citron); Promarkers;
Gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafty Catz #582 - Anything Goes
Creations In Pink #42 - Anything Goes in Mainly Pink
Di's Digi Challenge - Use Red and/or Pink
Incy Wincy (February) - Mostly Red or Pink
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2206 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Pearly Sparkles #70 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Seize the Birthday #231 - Sparkle and Shine
Uniko - 10th Birthday Celebration

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

17 comments:

Sarn said...

That’s such a pretty floral CAS card Pauline. Love it.

I am also a big fan of Uniko stamps and have quite a few!!!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

brenda said...

Pretty and feminine Pauline, the image reminds me of a similar PB stamp I have, don't actually own any Uniko would you beleive.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very pretty floral design Pauline, loving the splattered background too.
Lorraine

Mervi said...

Beautiful and feminine pink flowers, love the added gems, lovely card;-))m

Chris said...

Beautiful stamp and a lovely design, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
Chris
x

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautifully done card! Love your smooshed background and how the flowers match the inky panel.

Wendy L said...

So beautiful and very elegant, xx

Julie B said...

Lots of lovely inky goodness here. Great that you found a way to use the free Uniko digi too. Thanks for sharing at HLS CAS and for joining in at Uniko's 10th birthday bash. :)

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous cas card Pauline, love the pretty flowers and fab colour.
Lorraine x

Linby said...

I thought that was Uniko as I have a stamp very similar and I used it a few weeks ago. This is so pretty in pink.

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Pauline just love this card the colour you have used is so pretty. Love Alison xxx

Tracy said...

What a really pretty creation, I love the pink and the design
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Creaine said...

This looks beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

Lee said...

Absolutely Stunning.

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for sharing with us this week at CraftyCatz hope to see you joining in again and good luck in the draw
AuntySue

Suze said...

Pretty card Pauline. I like the deckle edge on the mat - something you used to see a lot of but not so much lately. Thank you for entering our Red/Pink and/or Valentines Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

MortiCraft said...

Such pretty colours and the digital image works just as well as any stamp. Thanks for joining in with the Uniko 10th birthday celebrations. X