Sunday 20 February 2022

#Uniko10


Just a very quick post from me today, to share a card I made for the Uniko 10th birthday celebrations "Quest 6" which was to share a card made with Uniko products on Instagram, with the hashtag #Uniko10. I have shared this card on Instagram (even though I'm pretty clueless when it comes to that!) but am also sharing it here to enter a few challenges.


As mentioned on a previous post I currently only own one set of Uniko stamps which are sentiments, however Bev has kindly allowed people to use some free digi downloads to make cards with for her birthday challenges. I love snowdrops so have used this one from "Spring Botanicals". 

I inked up an acrylic block with Distress Oxide ink and spritzed with water then stamped directly onto my card base; then spattered a second colour onto the acrylic block and stamped again. I coloured my snowdrop image with Promarkers, fussy cut and adhered on top of the inked panel. I finished with my sentiment stamped in VFC "Morning Mist" as it is less harsh than black, a few more spatters, gems and a little fine liner doodling.

Stamps: Uniko Spring Botanicals - Snowdrop (digi), Birthday Sentiments;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Salvaged Patina, Cracked Pistachio); Promarkers; Versafine Clar (Morning Mist); dark grey fineliner;
Gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like It - Favourite Occasion (and why)
(I just love making birthday cards as they can really be tailored to the individual) 
Crafter's Cafe #282 - Make Your Own Background (2nd entry)


Less Is More #458 - Birthdays
Seize the Birthday #233 - Dichromatic

If you haven't yet joined in with the Uniko 10th birthday celebrations I would recommend it as there are some fun quizzes and great prizes - more details on the Uniko blog.

That's all from me for today ... take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A sweet card Pauline, beautifully clean and simple in it's design but with a big impact using the bold sentiment stamp. All our snowdrops are out in the garden at the moment and what a lovely sight they are too.
Lorraine

brenda said...

Very pretty in the soft colours Pauline, I too love Snowdrops but find them so hard to use in crafting given they are white, usually end up covered in glitter.

B x

Chrissy said...

Love the snowdrops and their background, gorgeous card..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarn said...

Very pretty card x

Kathyk said...

A really pretty make

Kathyk

Zw@@n said...

Wow, love your card, Pauline. Beautiful colours and design. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Viv said...

Gorgeous card here Pauline! Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' Viv DT xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous card Pauline love it xx

cass said...

Pretty card. Thanks for joining us as The Crafter's Café this month and showing us your background.

Cathy said...

Love the colours and your block inking for the background looks so effective. I keep meaning to try this technique! Such pretty snowdrops too, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Lynne said...

Really pretty card. The block stamping is very effective and the splatters finish off nicely. Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More.

Izzy Scrap said...

Such a beautiful use of the Uniko's digital stamp ! Gorgeous sponged background to ground these pretty snowdrops. And I LOVE your fine liner doodling to frame the whole image. Absolutely beautiful CAS card. Thanks so much for sharing at ATSM and at Uniko.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Pauline: I love Snow Drops, they are some of the most delicate and sweet little flowers and you created this beautiful card with this lovely image.
Love your water color background and the awesome splatter.
Thank you for playing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.

Please stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria/DT

Linby said...

I do love snowdrops, mine are all out. This is such a beautiful CAS card.

Inkyfingers said...

This is simply gorgeous, Pauline! Love the beautiful background for the pretty snowdrop, and the doodling is a fabulous finishing touch.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x