Saturday 5 February 2022

Allsorts Challenge #662


Good morning everyone,

It's Saturday so it's time for another weekly Allsorts Challenge. This week It’s Wendy’s turn to host the challenge, and she has chosen the theme

Anything Goes with option of Red Flowers

Perhaps you may want to take the opportunity to get ahead with a Valentine's card, or we would love to see your makes for any other occasion.

This week’s fab prize has been kindly donated by Craft Stash 


and is this gorgeous co-ordinating stamp set and paper pad


Here's my card for this week.


As soon as I saw this challenge theme, the first thing that came into my mind rather than romance and roses was Christmas and poinsettias. This idea really took hold when I won two fabulous stamp sets in Di's Pixie's Snippets Playground Christmas Grand Prize Draw - "Fabulous Festive Fashion" and "Fabulous Festive Footwear". These stamps truly are "fabulous dahling", so I decided to take this theme in a different direction, and made my first Christmas card of 2022.

I stamped my Christmas shoe on to a square of card, and coloured with my Promarkers. I added a couple of small holly swirls, and stamped my sentiment directly onto the card panel. I then matted and layered everything with my papers, added a die cut glittery poinsettia and holly flourishes attached with a sparkly brad. I applied holographic glitter to the shoe's "fur" and some heart gems to finish. The glittery poinsettia is actually a brighter red than the picture shows… I just couldn’t capture this no matter how I tried!!

Here's an angled picture attempting to capture the sparkle (I do love a bit of sparkle!!)


These stamps are really funky and a bit different from what I normally buy, so I was really thrilled to win them and have the opportunity to make something in a different style. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, so many thanks to Di for her fantastic efforts on the draw.

Stamps: Katy Sue Designs "Fabulous Festive Footwear" (shoe and sentiment), "Fabulous Festive Fashion" (holly swirl);
Media: Promarkers, holographic glitter;
Papers: LotV
Tools: large, medium and small poinsettia dies - Marianne Design Creatables LR0122 and LR0142; Cheery Lynn Designs - Holly Flourish;
Gems and brad from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

ABC Christmas Challenge - A is for Anything Christmas
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge #5 2022 - Anything Goes with Colouring
Creative Knockouts #438 - Lots of Layers
Penny's Challenge #514 - Anything Goes Using Paper
Sheepski Designs #59 - Use Some Red
The Holly and Ivy #108 - Anything Christmas Goes

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting, and hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs,

23 comments:

Sarn said...

What a stunning card Pauline.

Fabulous shoe stamp that you’ve coloured and glittered beautifully and I love the layout.

Happy Saturday!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mervi said...

Fabulous and festive Christmas card, so lovely.
Happy weekend;-))m

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Oh my goodness Pauline this is fantastic just love it. Alison xx

SarahR said...

Hi Pauline, what a fabulous shoe, I'd love a pair like that!!! Wonderful colouring and a great card there as well.

Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge this time and look forward to seeing you again.
Sarah
GDT Colour Crazy Craft Challenge

brenda said...

Just gorgeous and what a lovely focal image with the shoe and Poinsettia Pauline.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A wonderful festive creation Pauline. I had the CD-Rom with all the wonderful shoes, dresses and handbags that are in this collection, they truly are lovely to create with.
Lorraine

Linby said...

This is fabulous - I have a CDrom and some stamps by the same illustrator and love them.

Ellibelle said...

Congrats on winning, Pauline! What a beautiful card you created here, such great details and love the dies!
And thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge too!

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Pauline. That shoe looks fabulous and I love the pretty poinsettia and all the sparkle.
Lorraine x

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Pauline, I adore the shoe and your gorgeous red flower! Let me say "Thanks" for playing along in our challenge at Creative Knockouts this week. Good luck in the draw and we love seeing people like you playing with us regularly.
NanaConnie DT

Kathyk said...

WOWser! Totally fab make

Kathyk

Tracy said...

Wow what a beautiful shoe, and I love the fact you've done a Christmas card, a great start for your stack. It's gorgeous and such a fab design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Wendy L said...

It looks wonderful and my fave flowers too, xxx

cass said...

Wow! looks great, tradition red, white and green Christmas Card. Great patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Lee said...

Stunning.

Vicky Hayes said...

Congratulations on your Playground win Pauline - you really have done these stamps proud! I love the papers you've framed your 'fahbulous dahling' shoe with - and oh my goodness, I am so grateful I don't have to wear those shoes!! Vicky x

Jane said...

A very pretty card! Thanks for entering into my "hearts AND flowers" challenge which I am hosting for February over at Country View challenges xx

Jackie C said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

What a gorgeous card, I love that image! Beautiful!

Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, I hope you play along again this week!

Claudia's kaartjes said...

I love it. It’s gorgous Thanks for joining us at Sheep Ski Design



Hugs

Claudia

DT Sheep Ski Design

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely card ! Thank you so much for joining us in our 'hearts & flowers' challenge over at Country View Challenges!
Corrie x

foleysfriend said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! I love the "fur" on the edge of the shoe - great way to add texture to your card. I really love the sparkly poinsettia. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Toni said...

Look how fancy this is--love it!