Monday 14 February 2022

Be Mine ❤️


❤️❤️❤️ Happy Valentine’s Day everyone ❤️❤️❤️

Today I would like to share the Valentine card I made for my darling husband. 

He loves nature and woodland creatures, so when I was making some post-Christmas purchases from Lavinia I allowed a few to gambol into my shopping basket 😀. For this card I decided to use two of my new woodland hares as they could gaze adoringly at each other. A nature scene also ticked more boxes for Valentine’s Day as he isn’t a big fan of the traditional Valentine colour red (football loyalties intrude into every aspect of life) 🤣🤣


First I used my Press to Impress art board and heart stencil to create a distress oxide background night sky, with a circle cut from masking sheet for the moon. I created some landscape using my Lavinia hill masks and more distress oxide and Versafine Clair (Twilight), and sponged a little VFC around the moon to make it pop. I removed my circle mask and sponged some clouds across it with paler DO inks.

I stamped my two hares using Versafine and 2 mini hearts using more DO ( I don’t have any VFC in a suitable colour for hearts), then stamped my mini leaf spray all the way round the edge of the heart… I couldn’t possibly have done this in the past without my stamp positioner!! I'm actually very pleased with how that turned out ... I had that little stamp since before Christmas and wasn't quite sure what to do with it, but it was a perfect fit for this.  I then stamped a few hanging heart fairy charms and background trees, and highlighted the scene with my Sakura stardust sparkle pen.

I’m not very well off for Valentine sentiments, so found the best one I could muster and used it in a postmark style. I then matted my stamped panel onto glitter card and my card base … it is an 8x8 card so there was quite a bit of open space, which I filled with a couple of die cut hearts and some co-ordinating heart gems.  Finally I stamped a corner of my envelope to match .. job done!!


Stamps: Lavinia Woodland Hares (large), Fairy Charms, Skeleton Tree Scene, Single Heart Mini, Mini Leaf 2; sentiment - unknown;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch, Seedless Preserves, Stormy Sky, Picked Raspberry); Versafine (Onyx, Imperial Purple); Versafine Clair (Twilight, Morning Mist); Sakura Gelly roll pen - Stardust;
Tools: Press To Impress art board and heart stencil; Lavinia hill masks; Marianne  Design Creatables  heart dies (LR 0159); 
Gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

A Place to Start #202202 - Anything Goes with option My Fauna Valentine
As You Like It - True Love or Fabulous Friendships (and why)
(I think both are incredibly important for a happy life .. but on Valentine’s Day it’s just got to be all about love 🥰🥰)
C.R.A.F.T. #626 - Love / Valentine
Craft Rocket Challenges #89 - Sparkle / Bling
Creatalicious #228 - Anything Goes with option Love
Daring Cardmakers - My Sweet Valentine
Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday (February ) - Hearts or Flowers (2nd entry)
Everybody Art #507 - Love and/or Heart
Get Creative #108 - Use Hearts
Happy Little Stampers: Dies (February) - Anything Goes with Dies
Little Red Wagon #640 - Be My Love / Valentine
My Time to Craft #475 - All You Need is Love
Paper Funday #38 - Anything Goes with option Hugs and Kisses - WINNER
Simon Says (Monday) - Love Is In the Air
Stamping Sensations (February) - Anything Stamped with option Wings or Tails
Sweet Stampin’ - Love, Love, Love
Try It on Tuesday - All Loved Up - TOP 5
Use Your Stuff #441 - Hearts / Love
We Love Stamping (February) - Anything Stamped with option Add Stencilling (2nd entry)

I think that's me all loved out for today ... hope you all have a lovely day ❤️ - take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

20 comments:

brenda said...

Beautifully stamped and styled Pauline, sure hubby will love it.

Many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Tracy said...

It's a fabulous valentine's card, I'm sure your hubby will love it.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful scene you created, great card. Thanks for joining We Love Stamping and Stamping Sensations. anesha

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Pauline just love the design and image of this card beautiful. Alison xxx

Gina's Cards said...

Beautiful! The design is absolutley gorgeous and the two hares are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

María said...

This card is gorgeous, I love the scene you've created and how it contrasts with the white of the background. And the colour combo you've chosen is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

Uschi said...

Wow! What a wonderful project! I love the heart and the background. It´s so awesome. Even the clouds in front of the moon are so realistic. It´s just great! I guess it wasn´t easy to stamp all those leaves around the heart. But it´s perfect. And the little hares with the hearts in between! It´s loving. I also love the decoration with all the hearts.
Thanks a lot for showing your card at the EAC challenge.
Hugs Uschi

Becca Sadler said...

Pauline: Thanks so much for linking your sweet Valentine's card for your husband to the current MTTC challenge! The night scene is darling! The vine/leafy wreath surrounding the image is perfect! Makes me think of a walk in the woods that has just opened onto a meadow! Superb! --Becca/DT/MTTC

Chrissy said...

So beautiful and cute, Love it..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lee said...

Hi,a Fantastic card.I have also used the adorable hares in my Valentine Card.

Sarn said...

Aww! A lovely woodland scene with the hares inside a heart for Valentines Day. Just wonderful. X

Donna Walls said...

This is a sweet card I'm certain Hubby loved. I know the Lavinia images are so popular at the minute and these hares are very sweet. Thanks for entering your lovely project in our challenge at The Paper Funday! I would like to invite you to visit our sister challenge at The Inspiration Station. You may like to play along there as well: inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com

Ellibelle said...

This is an absolute beauty here, Pauline, love everything about it and I am sure your husband was thrilled to receive it too!
Thank you so much for sharing at Stamping Sensations and my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

Pat K said...

Fabulous stamping on this adorable card Pauline. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card. I love the Lavinia style you have perfected. Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT Challenge!

Dawn said...

WOW, what a stunning scene you have created on your card. All works so beautifully together. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous Valentine card Pauline, I'm sure hubby loved it.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

Mervi said...

Fabulous and sweet card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping;-))m

Unknown said...

So beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge, we hope to see you again.
Take care! Maria

Chana Malkah said...

Congratulations! You were selected as a RISING STAR for the week of February 14-20, 2022 at A Place to Start ! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge
The Design Team