Saturday 29 January 2022

Allsorts Challenge #661


Hi everyone,

It's Saturday again already, so it's time for another weekly Allsorts Challenge. This week Brenda has chosen the theme and it is

Anything Goes with option of Use A Stencil

This week we have 2 great prizes on offer:

this gorgeous AALL & Create stencil


and this adorable Woodware stamp


Here's my card for this week.


This card started from a smooshed background I had left over from another card I made a couple of weeks ago (here), which I thought would make a lovely background for a statement flower stamp. My current favourite is this fab flower by AALL & Create, so out of the box it came. First I stamped my flower then did a bit of background 2nd generation stamping with a couple of stamps from the same set. I inked through my stencil using Versamark and embossed with detail white powder, then stamped my flower again, heat embossed with clear EP, and coloured with Cosmic Shimmer mica paints. I fussy cut and adhered the flower head to the inked panel, then finished with my sentiment popped up on foam tape and a few co-ordinating gems.

When I was completing this card I deliberately chose what I thought was a different sentiment to the previous card I made with this stamp, only to discover afterwards I had used the same one, so the two cards are quite similar ... oops! 

Stamps: AALL & Create Textured Florals;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Rustic Wilderness, Squeezed Lemonade); Cosmic Shimmer mica paints; Versafine (Onyx); Versafine Clair (Warm Breeze); Versamark; Detail White embossing powder;
Tools: Darkroom Door stencil - Diamonds;
Gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like It - Favourite Colouring Medium, and Why  (3rd entry)
(My favourite is Distress Oxides for backgrounds as you can create so many effects, but I also love mica paints for painting flowers as they are so twinkly 😀)
Colour Crazy Challenge #4 2022 - Anything Goes with Colouring 
Crafts Galore Encore #95 - Anything Goes (2nd entry) - DT FAVOURITE
C.R.A.F.T. #624 - Anything Goes  (2nd entry)
Crafty Catz #580 - Anything Goes with option Add Flowers (2nd entry)
Pammie’s Inky Pinkies #2204 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
(I save snippets of my stamping card and stamp my sentiments on them)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Sweet Stampin’ - Mardi Gras
(My stencilling reminded me of Harlequin costumes)

I look forward to seeing your entries this week. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

20 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

What a lovely card the stamp is fab a thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz

Carole J said...

I love everything about your card, Pauline! The inky background is gorgeous and the glorious statement flower is one of my favourites too. A beautifully designed card.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” January Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a gorgeous card Pauline. I love the colours and blends in the background and the details in the embossing and stamping. What a lovely statement stamp this flower is too and so versatile for all kinds of occasions. The blue version in your other post looks equally as delightful.
Lorraine

Sarn said...

Absolutely stunning card Pauline.

Right up my street with all that inky goodness in the background and then that beautiful flower. Just superb! Love the idea of using the stencil to heat emboss with (must remember that technique and give it a go!).

Hugs, Sarn xxx

brenda said...

I love your card Pauline, it ticks all the right boxes for me.

B x

Mervi said...

Fabulous card Pauline, love the gorgeous background.
Happy weekend;-))m

Sarn said...

OOOH! I see you've made up the rope ladder and into a comfy chair in the Snippets Playground treehouse too! Good to see you there - here - have an almond cookie and a cuppa!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful creation, Pauline! LOVING the background, what a great idea to stencil with versamark ink then embossing, not sure I've done that before with stencils! I also really love this large flower. Hoping to add a couple Aall and Create sets to my stamp collection this year!

Linby said...

So beautifully done all the lovely details and colours make for a wonderful card.

Chris said...

Love this! Gorgeous stamp and a fabulous background. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
Chris
x

Wendy L said...

I love it and a lovely stamp. Xx

Jane Savage said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous! Love that amazing background!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Zw@@n said...

Another gorgeous card, Pauline. Beautiful flower. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

SarahR said...

Hello Pauline, your card is gorgeous! Love the background you've created and the flower is just amazing!

Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge this time.
Sarah
GDT Colour Crazy Craft Challenge.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card and colouring love the background..

Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Di said...

What a beautiful card Pauline! I knew straight away that SaRn would love it, it's just so much her style. And a great idea about using the stencil then embossing too.

Hugs

Di xx

Michelle said...

Wow! Such a stunning card! All the beautiful textures, details, and colors! It is absolutely beautiful! I hope to see more of your creations soon! Thanks for participating in A Gem of a Craft Challenge! ~Michelle, DT Polkadoodles

@d_e_crafts said...

Great card, love the flower and the background you’ve built up. Thank you for joining us in the CRAFT ATG challenge.

Debbie
CRAFT DT

Jackie C said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Jill said...

Lovely! Love the mixed media look!

Thanks so much for joining us at The Gem of a Challenge!

Jill, Polkadoodles DT

Tiny Treasure Workshop