Thursday 27 January 2022

Just a note(let)


Yesterday I took delivery of my latest Lavinia stamps .. a couple from the latest release but mostly older stamps to build up my core collection of fairies, flowers, trees and woodland creatures.  I just had to play with some of them as soon as possible, and having found some 5 inch square cards in my cupboard which are smaller than my usual cards, I decided to make a set of CAS one layer notelets to give as a gift along with matching envelopes. 

Here are the first couple I made …

Card 1

I used my Lavinia circle mask to blend three colours of distress oxide ink, which I then spattered with water. I stamped my dandelions, masking a small portion of each flower head to create a gap for the seed heads which I then stamped blowing away. I finished with a simple sentiment and lots of sparkly highlights with my Sakura pen, though as usual they don’t show up on camera.

Stamps: Lavinia Fairy Dandelions, Mini Seed Head; sentiment - unknown;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers); Sakura stardust pen; 
Tools: Lavinia circle mask.

Challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Card Challenge #207 - CAS No Layers 


Classic Design Challenge (January) - Anything Goes (4th entry)
C.R.A.F.T. #624 - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations (January) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Get Creative #107 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Happy Little Stampers: Watercolour ((January) - Anything Goes with Watercolouring 
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze #188 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Card 2

For this one I masked my base card with 2 strips of spare card then blended a vertical panel of distress oxide inks.  I then simply stamped my images and stamped my heart charm again in pink pearlescent ink to make it stand out more.

Stamps: Lavinia Tree of Faith, silhouette Foliage Set, Pipin, Fairy Charms; sentiment - Lee Holland “You Are My Sunshine”;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Rustic Wilderness, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean); Versafine (Onyx); Versafine Clair (Pinecone); 

Challenges I would like to enter:

Ally’s Angels #54 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Krafty Chicks #596 - All Occasions
Simon Says ( Monday) - Furry Friends
Time Out #206 - Friend Quote


(My card features flowers and will form part of a set of notelets for a friend)

That’s all from me for today, though I already have several more simple notelets in the pipeline, then I’ll be moving on to some new full blown Lavinia scenes 😀

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rodos

Cardsbymaaike said...

What a lovely set of card and so bright and colorful, I love them. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards.

Sarn said...

Fabulous! LOVE that colour blend and the super Lavinia stamps.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Linby said...

Lovely designs. I particularly like the dandelion head one - thanks for the inspiration.

Ashwini Rao said...

Gorgeous cards, Pauline. The blending looks fantastic for these silhouette stamps. Thank you so much for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge!

Lynda said...

Great dandelion card - masking the circle and then ink blending - great colours by-the-way. That the dandelion also goes over the edge certainly creates and impact. Thanks so much for joining us at HLS CAS Challenge. xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Francesca said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

Dena J said...

Beautiful dandelion card! Those are my favorite colors lately and that is a gorgeous stamp.

Sarah said...

What a beautiful CAS card. Thank you for sharing with The Cutie Pies. Sarah DT

Nonni said...

Great use of your new stamps! Love the design in your card for us, the inked rectangle creates a beautiful base for the silhouettes. Thank you for joining us at Time Out Challenges!

Wendy said...

Beautiful cards… Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge:)
Wendy xx

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely beautiful...just love the images you used, so perfect! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!