Friday 14 January 2022

Echinacea and Moth


Good morning, today I would like to share my latest card using a gorgeous new Woodware stamp “Echinacea and Moth” that I got for Christmas, plus a stencil I have had for a little while but haven’t got round to using until now. 

Today’s card was actually inspired by wanting to have fun with stencils as per the current Simon Says (Wednesday) challenge, and I thought this gave me a perfect opportunity to also ink up the Woodware stamp, and to get back to a bit of colouring with my alcohol markers which I have rather neglected recently.


Firstly I stamped my flower and coloured with Promarkers, then I masked it and inked through my stencil using two colours of distress oxide ink.  I added a little bit of 2nd generation grungy background stamping round the edges using Versafine Clair, sponged round the edges with more DO, and added my sentiment. Lastly I stamped my moth, stamped again onto a snippet of card, coloured and adhered on top of the original image, leaving just the original antennae showing. I finished off with my matting and a few sparkly gems. 


Stamps: Woodware "Echinacea and Moth", "Additions" (background stamp); sentiment - Lee Holland "You Are My Sunshine";
Media: Promarkers; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Twisted Citron, Rustic Wilderness);
Tools: Darkroom door stencil - Polka Dots.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Ally’s Angels #54 - Anything Goes
Country View Challenges (January) - Your Year to Sparkle and Shine (3rd entry)
C.R.A.F.T. #623 - New - TOP 3
Creatalicious #226 - Anything Goes with option Something New (2nd entry)
Dream Valley #261 - Anything New (2nd entry)
I ❤️ Promarkers #501 - Anything Goes - WINNER
Passion for Markers #623 - Going Dotty - TOP 5
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Fun With Stencils
Try It On Tuesday - In With the New - TOP 5
We Love Stamping (January) - Anything Stamped with option of Wings (2nd entry)

I'll be back later over at Allsorts to announce the winner and top 5 of my challenge theme, and back tomorrow with my DT card for a new Allsorts challenge. Until then, take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,


19 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Stunning! Love the gemstones added and your coloring is amazing~

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so beautiful Pauline, I love everything about it. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Vicky Hayes said...

Those bright flowers really pop against the stencilled background Pauline! Love your colouring! Vicky x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Wow stunning must go and check out the woodware stamps. Love Alison x

Zoechaos said...

Beautifully done I love that stamp and the masking was obviously extremely well done because the stencilling is just right. This card excites me thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping and good luck xx

brenda said...

Beautiful vibrant blooms Pauline and the hints of aqua coordinate nicely, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping January challenge.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rodos

Linby said...

wow! I love how vibrant the colours are and your background looks so good too.
Thanks also for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

Sarn said...

WOW - this is a stunner Pauline. Totally gorgeous card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Ella's Design said...

Great card, Pauline! The red colouring of that pretty coneflower image is so striking and your stencil background is the perfect compliment too...
Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers! Lisa x

Julie said...

Beautiful card, Pauline - love your colouring!! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliex

Sheryl said...

Absolutely stunning! Your colouring is awesome.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

The Crafty Den said...

A beautiful card Pauline. The image is lovely and your colouring is perfect. I really like the subtle dotty background. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

Marlene Atkinson said...

A super cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers Challenge. Marlene

Lee said...

WOW,Stunning.

Brenda said...

This is such a beautiful card, the red is so striking. Thanks for sharing with us over at CRAFT Challenge!

N-Eva said...

Fabulous card!! The image is cute and colored beautifully. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! Your new stamp is so pretty and I love the Glossy Accents that you added - gorgeous 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs Jo x

Tee said...

Wow! Stunning! Love that vivid red!