Saturday 8 January 2022

Allsorts Challenge #658


Good morning everyone,

It's Saturday so it's time for another weekly Allsorts Challenge. This week I’m feeling really excited as having joined the DT last October, today is my first turn to host and choose the theme for the challenge - woo hoo!!😀

So .. the theme I have chosen is 

Anything Goes with option of Use Something New

So if Santa has been kind (or even if you have been kind to yourself!) now’s your chance to play with your new stuff!! Otherwise we would love to see anything you make with your existing stash so long as you follow the guidelines at the top of the challenge blog.

This week we have another fabulous prize - Helping Hands has kindly donated a £15 store voucher.


Here's my card for this week.



As luck would have it, Santa (a.k.a. my husband) was very kind this Christmas, so I didn’t quite know which way to turn first for this theme! However I soon decided to ink up some of my new Lavinia stamps, and to make a card based around the fabulous Luna Tree Goddess stamp .. I was really surprised by how big this stamp is and couldn’t wait to get started as it is my first ever Lavinia fairy card!! 😍

First I inked my background sky using Distress Oxide inks and my largest Lavinia moon mask, then spattered the sky with water droplets before using more DO’s to create the landscape using one of the acetate hill masks. I stamped my background wording, fairy, trees and foliage, then highlighted the moon and Luna’s wings with Sakura sparkle pens. Finally I matted the piece onto black linen card and adhered to my card base, and adhered my sentiment popped up on foam tape.

Stamps: Lavinia - Luna Tree Goddess, Celestial Tree, Silhouette Foliage Set, Mini Branch, Mini Leaf 1, Faerie Spells; sentiment - unknown;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch, Seedless Preserves, Black Soot); Versafine (Onyx); Versafine Clair (Twilight, Morning Mist); Sakura sparkle pens (Stardust and Pink).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Country View Challenges (January) - Your Year to Sparkle and Shine
Creatalicious #226 - Anything Goes with option Something New - TOP 3
(all the stamps on this card are new apart from the sentiment, and one of the DO's is also new)
River of Creativity #9 - Anything Goes
Simon Says (Monday) - Something New (see above for new items used)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Something New (see above for new items used)
We Love Stamping (January) - Anything Stamped with option of Wings

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries.

Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

Tracy said...

This is fabulous Pauline, lovely composition and what a great choice in stamps. Enjoy all your new Lavinia stamps.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

brenda said...

A delightful Fairy scene Pauline and a lovely entry for River of Creativity and We Love Stamping, thank you.

B x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Pauline stunning card as always. Love Alison x

Linby said...

Just beautiful and I am sure the first of many Lavinia fairy makes.

Zoechaos said...

Lovely card, thank you for sharing with us at River of Creativity. x

Sarn said...

WOW - what a magical card. Luna is one of my FAVE Lavinia stamps. Great background inking and sparkling! Truly lovely card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mervi said...

Wow what a stunner, gorgeous and magical card.

Ellibelle said...

This fairy was one included in my very first Lavinia order and I also made my first Lavinia stamps card with this fairy back in 2018 :)
Love how this turned out, a truly gorgeous scene and the little bit of purple on the edges looks so pretty!
Have fun with your new goodies!!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a beautiful card Pauline, you are truly enjoying creating with your new stamps and it shows in the finished card.
Lorraine

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Pauline, I saw this linky'd and had to come see details and tell you how stunning it is! And it's your first fairy card? Wowza! I hope you don't catch my curse. My first fairy card won over at Lavinia's challenge and then I have not done one since, so get started already on the second one! haha Luna is indeed larger than life and you have made her proud, xoxo

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Beautiful card, I love your design. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards
Danka
TTCRD
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Wendy L said...

Love it Pauline, really beautiful, xxx

HilaryJane said...

What a beautiful silhouette and those wings are stunning. I am so glad you have shared it with us at we love stamping xx

Miriam said...

A lovely card with sparkly wings. Thanks for joining in with the Country View Crafts challenge.

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! The scene looks so magical with that amazing fairy stamp; the glitter on her wings is so pretty, loving those sparkle pens 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges with all that sparkle and shine and wishing you a Happy New Year! Hugs Jo x