Saturday 11 December 2021

Allsorts Challenge #654


Hi everyone,

The weeks are now flying by as we get into December and Christmas approaches .. hope your Christmas preparations are on track. I managed to post all my Christmas cards yesterday but I still need to make a couple of special ones plus a batch for the neighbours and my husband’s workmates .. so no pressure!!

Anyhoo, it’s Saturday already so it's time for another weekly Allsorts Challenge. This week Ellie has chosen the theme and it is

Wings and / or Tails

... so we would like to see one or more creatures on your make that have wings and / or tails … could include angels, fairies, butterflies, animals with tails, birds or whatever you can think of!!

This week we have two great prizes on offer that tie in beautifully with our theme - 2 winners will each win one of the following Woodware Stamps.



Here's my card for this week.


When I saw this theme the first thing that sprung into my mind was dragons!! … or more specifically, Lee Holland dragons. I’m not a big user of digis but I do love this range, even though I’m still not very confident with my marker colouring so wouldn’t yet tackle some of the more complex images. As I’m still in Christmas card mode and Lee has had a sale on Christmas images this week 😍 I nipped online and ordered 3, and here’s the result with one of them - I just love this baby dragon celebrating by scoffing Christmas pud and mince pies! His wings are fairly teeny tiny though, so I’m not confident he could fly away when weighted down by all that Christmas pud .. though he could of course set light to it!! 😀🔥

I coloured my image with Promarkers and Flexmarkers, and mounted it simply. I try to keep my cards flatter for postage nowadays but I couldn’t resist adding a small holly die cut and some pearls for festive berries, plus a sprinkling of glamour dust to represent snow underfoot. 

Stamps: Lee Holland “Dragon with Christmas pudding” (digi); sentiment - LotV set 5 “Circular Sentiments - Christmas";
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers; Glamour dust;
Papers: LotV Nitwits "'Twas the Night";
Tools: Tattered Lace holly die;
Gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like it - Favourite Christmas Embellishment and Why
(As I mentioned in my previous entry I love everything sparkly ... so you can't go wrong with Glamour Dust in my world)
Country View Challenges (December) - Anything Christmas Goes (4th entry)
Crafter's Cafe #279 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Crafty Calendar (December) - Christmas (2nd entry)
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #572 - Anything Christmas Goes with option Quick and Easy
 Promarkers #449 - Anything Goes with option Christmas
Passion For Markers #621 - Anything Goes
Sheepski Designs #57 - Embellish It
Uniko Studio #68 - Celebrate with option of reds and greens

Hope you can make time in this busy pre-Christmas period to join us, and I look forward to seeing your entries this week. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

21 comments:

brenda said...

Loving the traditional colours and the cute Dragon image Pauline, a nice twist on the tail element of the theme.

B x

Sarn said...

Well, that is one very sweet dragon, so I can see why you were tempted by it. Your colouring looks fantastic to me! Lovely card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Pauline this is magical I wish I had seen these images I could have used them for my Grandsons cards, your colouring is super so is your choice of papers and card design a fantastic festive creation
hugs
lolo x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very sweet Christmas card, love the cute image and traditional festive papers and colours.
Well done on getting your cards posted, I'm rather lagging behind after having my booster jab last Sunday and feeling decidedly rough all week, so hopefully I can catch up in the next few days.
Lorraine

Wendy L said...

Your colouring is fab, cute image and a super card, xxx

Ellibelle said...

How very cute, Pauline! Love your coloring and a really fun design! I never have any luck coloring digis with markers. They always smear the ink, so I always color them with my colored pencils.

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

this card is beyond beautiful love the image and the colours lots of love Alison xx

Mervi said...

So cute baby dragon and I love the colouring, it's fab;-))m

Francesca said...

Wonderful card, this image is very sweet, love it! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

Sue said...

This is lovely, beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Country View Crafts, and have a great weekend, Sue xx

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Stunning card Thanks for joining us at Sheep Ski Design



Hugs

Claudia

DT Sheep Ski Design

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/

Rhodidodi said...

You have created an adorable card. I love those dragon images, I have a few myself. Thank you for playing along with us at Creatalicious Challenges.

Linby said...

What a sweet image and beautifully coloured. A lovely card.

Chrissy said...

He is so adorable and really enjoying that pudding, gorgeous card..

Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Popping back to thank you for entering our Mega Christmas challenge at Passion for Markers.
Lorraine

Evelyn Walter said...

Oh my! How cute is this! Perfectly made card Pauline!
Thank you so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts. Have a wonderful December, Evelyn xx

Jennifer said...

Beyond cute, Pauline, and so beautifully coloured.

Jennifer. xx

Crafty KJ said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Just love this image and your colouring is perfect! The papers you've chosen are such a perfect match too - a really great card! Thanks so much for sharing at PFM. Hugs, Karen x

Cards By MI said...

Super cute card with a really cute image. Thanks for joining our Mega Challenge over at Passion for Markers.
Love n hugs
Marie

Izzy Scrap said...

Absolutely adorable ! Your colouring is stunning and your design so beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.

Beverley said...

So cute and your colouring is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the fun at Uniko. Crafty Hugs Bev