Thursday 16 December 2021

Wish Upon A Star


In recent years I have had just two “special” (ie. larger) Christmas cards to make - one for my husband and one for his aunt. Today I’d like to show you the card I have made for his aunt - she is elderly so I have made her a traditional card combining my Lavinia stamps in a fairly classic  design along with traditional papers and embellishments. 


The overall card blank is 8” square, so I cut a 6” square piece of stamping card, and sponged a large circle onto it using distress oxide ink and a home made circle mask, then stamped my wording round the sides of the circle. I stamped my reindeer in the middle, then created a wreath of fir comes, holly and berries. I stamped my North Star just where the reindeer could gaze upon it, and sponged the edges of the panel with distress ink. I “grounded” the reindeer and highlighted him and the fir cones and holly with my Sakura stardust pen .. the card is actually extremely sparkly but as ever the photo doesn’t really capture that, so I have taken another photo at an angle which shows the sparkle a bit better.


. I then matted and layered the finished panel onto my backing card and tartan patterned paper which I thought complemented the reindeer scene perfectly.  I finished the card off with a die cut poinsettia and holly flourish, and my sentiment stamped onto a distressed piece of card stock and popped up on foam tape.

Stamps: Lavinia Reindeer (large), Fir Cone Branch, Mini Holly, Mini Berries, North Star Mini, Stars 1 Mini, Winter Magic; sentiment - Pink Gem;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink  (Iced Spruce, Barn Door); Distress Ink (Antique Linen); Versafine  (Onyx, Sepia); Versafine Clair (Rainforest); Brilliance pigment ink (Galaxy Gold);
Papers: LotV Nitwits ‘Twas the Night;
Tools: Dies - Marianne Design LR0122 Poinsettas, Cheery Lynn Designs Holly Flourish.

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like It - Favourite Christmas Sentiment and Why
(I have several, but one of my favourites is “with love at Christmas” as it conveys the love that has gone into making and sending the card)
Addicted to Stamps and More #420 - Die Cuts and Stencils
C.R.A.F.T. - Christmas - The Last Stretch
Crafter’s Cafe #280 - Use Some of Your Favourites
( I have used my favourite new Lavinia stamps and distress oxide inks)
Creative Inspirations (December) - Christmas Time (2nd entry)
DRU #183 - Anything Goes using a brand of dies DRU sells
(I have used a Cheery Lynn die)
My TIme to Craft #472 - Christmas Animals (2nd entry)
Sheepski Designs #57 - Embellish It (2nd entry)
Uniko Challenge #68 - Celebrate with Option of Reds and Greens (2nd entry)

This is my final Christmas card for posting in 2021 … just my husband’s to make now and a handful for the neighbours!

Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

13 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is gorgeous, a great take on the traditional

Vicky Hayes said...

This is so beautiful Pauline! I love the stag sihouetted inside the wreath and the gorgeous tartan card base. Vicky x

Linby said...

wow! This is just stunning, so beautiful and the paper complements your design so well.

brenda said...

A super traditional fee to this one Pauline, sure Aunty will love it.

B x

Jennifer said...

This is such a lovely card, Pauline. I'm sure your hubby's aunt will love it.

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my cards.

Jennifer. xx

Jackie C said...

So happy to see your entry at My Time To Craft.
We love to see everyone’s work.
Good luck, do come back again!
Hugs, Jackie DT member x

Chrissy said...

He is beautiful, gorgeous card..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Pauline. I like the wreath and the rendier. Lovely sentiment too. Thank you for joining us at As You Like. xx Wilma

Birgit said...

This is so pretty! What a gorgeous wreath!! Thanks for linking up to the DRU Challenge. Best of luck to you!

Izzy Scrap said...

What a lovely card with a traditional look ! Love your beautiful wreath and it makes such a wonderful frame for the silhouette stag. Gorgeous design too. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.

Beverley said...

Stunning Christmas card. Beautifully put together. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the fun at Uniko. Crafty Hugs Bev

Becca Sadler said...

Pauline: Wow! It's fun to comment on your 2nd set of reindeer cards using the same reindeer but in a totally different way! These are amazing! Thanks for including MTTC's Christmas Animals theme challenge in your submissions! --Becca/MTTC's dt crew

Jana Forrest said...

Pauline this is such a beautiful Christmas card. Love the traditional colors. Thanks for sharing over at Crafters Cafe. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana Forrest