Wednesday 8 December 2021

Cold and Snowy Christmas Night


Hi everyone , hope you are well, warm and dry in the awful weather we're having again with Storm Barra. Today I would like to share my latest Christmas card using Lavinia stamps. 


I am still experimenting with placing my limited selection of tree stamps in snowy landscapes … for this one I tried a larger moon mask than previously, and experimented with using different colour inks for background and foreground stamping to create more depth. I also had another practice at snow splattering with my white Posca pen … my technique is getting a bit better but it still really needs practice! Also I had a bit of an accident with my sentiment - I was a bit tired of using the same Chrimbo sentiments so fished another one out of my stash which is a mounted rubber stamp ... and despite carefully cleaning the edges of the stamp after inking it deposited an ink splodge on my snow (grrr!!)!! Hence the perhaps strangely placed mini pine cone, and another at the other side to balance it out!! 

Stamps: Lavinia “Fir Tree 1”, “Small Fairy Fir Tree”, “Small Fairy Fir Tree 2”, "Mini Pine Cone",“Winter Magic”; sentiment - Crafter's Companion "Beary Merry Christmas";
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks - Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky; Versafine Clair Twilight and Morning Mist; Sakura Gelly roll pen - Stardust; white Posca pen;
Tools: Lavinia moon and hill acetate masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like It - Favourite Christmas Embellishment and Why
( I love all sparkly things, but particularly my new Sakura sparkle pen which is brilliant for embellishing moons, trees and snowdrifts)
Classic Design Challenge (December) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Country View Challenge (December) - Anything Christmas Goes (3rd entry)
Crafter’s Castle #48 - Anything Goes
Creatalicious #224 - Anything Goes with option of Christmas (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Happy Holidays / Christmas (3rd entry)
Stamping Sensations (December) - Choose a Theme and Stamp It
(I have chosen Christmas)
Winter Wonderland - Anything Christmas Goes

Hope your Christmas preparations are on track … I’m getting in pretty well with the cards now, though I’ve hardly done any Christmas shopping yet. I feel a quick online blitz coming on! Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

14 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Love the scene you created, great card.. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations. Anesha

Sarn said...

Another scenic beauty from you Pauline. LOVE the big moon. Isn't it a nuisance when the last thing you stamp goes wrong?! We've all been there.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Tracy said...

I think your scene is just perfect Pauline, I love what you have created, it's fabulous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

coldwaters2 said...

This is another beautiful scene Pauline, I love the big moon and trees the colour blending looks so perfect as does your snow effect, superb creation
hugs
lorraine x

The Craft Princess said...

Oh my gosh!!! Such a gorgeous card!!! You did a fabulous job creating that scene and placed the trees perfectly!!! I love Love LOVE it! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Corry said...

what a beautiful card , I love the winter scene
I followed your blog , would you like to follow me too?
greets corry

brenda said...

Another lovely Winter scene Pauline, many thanks for joining in our December theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

NGCARDS said...

This is a stunning card, I love all the shades of blue. Beautiful! xxx

Helen said...

A beautiful creation - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

Helen x

SarahR said...

Hello Pauline - ooooh this is so gorgeous! Love the stamps you've used and the scene created. Great idea to put the words in the moon!

Thanks for joining in with us over at Crafty Calendar Challenge, hope you come back again.
Sarah
Crafty Calendar Challenge DT

Miriam said...

Wonderful project. Thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts Challenge.

Brenda said...

Pauline, you have created an absolutely beautiful winter scene. I love how you have positioned the winter words. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

Squirrel x said...

Your entry to the As You Like It Challenge is terrific Pauline, adore those trees, thanks so much for sharing with us. Hugs Squirrel x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such a beautiful card! I love your snowy winter scene and the way you added the text to the moon - amazing 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges! Hugs Jo x