Saturday 4 December 2021

Allsorts Challenge #653


Good morning peeps,

It's Saturday so it's time for another weekly Allsorts Challenge. This week Lynn has chosen the theme and it is

Include a die

This week we have 2 great prizes on offer:

Firstly: a Tattered Lace "Floral Edges" cut & emboss die



and secondly,  Ruth Hamilton Design


is offering 3 images of the winner's choice.

Here's my card for this week.


I decided to make a die cut the focal point of my card, and by happy coincidence given our prizes, it is a Tattered Lace die. I’m still very much embroiled in the Christmas card scramble, though over the past 3 weeks I’ve made nearly 30 cards so I am getting there!!

I cut a mask using my largest circle die (the only one the sentiment die would fit within!!) and used it to sponge Distress Oxide both outside and within the circle. I then masked off the circle and stamped my background sentiment all over the card - this was quite tricky as my ink was a pale colour and each stamping needed 2, 3 or even 4 impressions .. would have been impossible without my stamp positioner! I then stamped my pine cone wreath and holly, decorated them with my Sakura sparkle pens, and cut and attached my sentiment die. Lastly I stamped and heat embossed some teeny stars .. they are a pearlised embossing powder but sadly hardly show up on camera. This card has a much more traditional look than most of what I have made recently, but I think I like it for a change. 

As often is the case, the card is a lot more sparkly than photos suggest .. I have taken another angled shot to try to capture it a bit better.


Stamps: Lavinia “Fir Cone Branch”, “Mini Holly”, “Stars 1 Mini”, “Winter Magic”;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink - Iced Spruce, Speckled Egg; Versafine - Sepia; Versafine Clair - Rainforest; Versacolor - Cement; Heat It Up EP - Silver Pearl; Sakura Gelly roll sparkle pens - Stardust and red
Tools: Tattered  Lace Die - “Merry Christmas”.

I did actually make this card as part of a batch as it does seem quicker for Christmas makes .. originally 3 but one got spoilt. Here is the other one I finished .. not the same, but too similar to really warrant a separate post.


All stamps and supplies as per first card, with the addition of “Mini berries” stamp. Also I had to trim my die cut flourishes a bit as with the stamped berries my aperture was smaller 😀

Challenges I would like to enter:

Country View Challenges (December) - Christmas Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Crafter’s Cafe #279 - Anything Goes
Do-All Kreatives #60 - The Scent of Christmas is in the air (2nd entry)
Dream Valley #260 - Christmas (2nd entry)
DRU #182 - Anything Goes with die brands sold by DRU
(I used a Tattered Lace die)
Fab ‘n’ Funky #541 - Anything Christmas
Simon Says (Monday) - Sparkle Mode (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Happy Holidays / Christmas (2nd entry)
TFJB Challenge (December) - Yuletide Delights

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,


23 comments:

Wendy L said...

It is beautiful and your wreath looks so delicate, xx

coldwaters2 said...

Two beautiful, elegant festive cards Pauline loving the wreaths and die cuts
hugs
lolo x

Sarn said...

WOW - both cards are simply gorgeous.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

brenda said...

Great minds with wreaths and Tattered Lace sentiments Pauline! Two super cards and can't choose a fav.

B x

Diane said...

Beautiful card, lovely design! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

Linby said...

That's a lovely die and your stamping complements it beautifully.

Ellibelle said...

I need to try making a wreath card with mini stamps, these are both gorgeous and I do think the second card would have been different enough for a second post. It's my personal favorite from these two because I love the woodland feel of it. But do love the first one as well!

Mervi said...

Gorgeous wreath and lovely sentiment die cut.
Happy weekend;-))m

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Both cards are gorgeous and have lots of lovely stamping on them. The wreaths look amazing with that glittery sentiment die.
Lorraine

Jessi said...

Very beautiful! Thanks for join in our challenge
Greetings from germany

Jessi (Stempelhexerei)

Pat K said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Pauline with just the right amount of sparkle. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Pat K xx

Tracy said...

These are really gorgeous Pauline, love your choice of stamps and fabulous composition.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Doris Klein said...

Pretty make.. like the background!

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY
*GDT* Cheerful Sketches Challenge Blog

Jackie C said...

This is a smashing project!
We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT

Billie A said...

Very pretty card. so glad you shared over at DAK

Craftyfield said...

Not exactly one of the quickest design for batch making, but so well worth the effort!
Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges this month and Happy Christmas!

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful and very elegant card, Pauline!
Thank you so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts. Have a wonderful December, Evelyn xx

Laura Gilhuly said...

Very elegant cards! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

Monika Gulyas said...

Your Christmas cards are gorgeous!!! I love them both!!! Thank you for joining the December challenge go the Country View Challenges!

Jenny Marples said...

What beautiful cards you've made Pauline. Thank you for joining in with our challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog x

Sue said...

These are fabulous, so elegant! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts and have a very Merry Christmas, Sue xx

Alex said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck. Hope you will join us next month again.

Crafty greetings and have a beautiful Christmas!
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
Alex' Kreative Seite

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This is so pretty and what a lovely design too. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Annette DT