Sunday 19 December 2021

Believe In the Magic


Hi everyone,

I needed to post the “Four Seasons” bookmarks  that I had made as a small Christmas gift to a good friend, and I decided that I needed a mini gift card to write a message in to accompany them in their padded envelope… so here it is.


This card is just 4” square. .. I have never made such a dinky card before and I rather liked working in such a small space.  I sponged a circle with Distress Oxide inks working inwards from darkest colour to the lightest, then bleached out some colour with spattered water droplets. I stamped my tree and fairy using Versafine Clair, and added some stars as if she is sprinkling stardust over the tree … which in my imagination results in the creation of a silver holographic star on top of the tree. I added a few more stars around the edge using Brilliance pearlescent ink, stamped my sentiment and finished off with some Sakura Stardust pen highlights and a few gems. Fairly quick by my standards, but I’m pleased with how it turned out. 

Here's a close up to show the sparkle.



Stamps: Lavinia Fir Tree 1, Stars 1 Mini; Fairy and sentiment from Crafter’s Companion “Fairy Kisses” set;
Media:Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean Tumbled Glass); Versafine Clair - Twilight; Brilliance Pearlescent ink - ?; Sakura Gelly roll pen - Stardust;
Holographic star peel off and gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Classic Design Challenge (December) - Anything Goes (4th entry)
Crafty Calendar (December) - Christmas (2nd entry)
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Cold As Ice (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Bling It On (2nd entry)
Sparkles Christmas #131 - Non-Traditional Colours
Stamping Sensations (December) - Choose A Theme and Stamp It (3rd entry)
(I have chosen Christmas magic)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
We Love Stamping (December) - Anything Stamped with option of CAS (2nd entry)
(I have chosen Anything Goes)

I still have one special card to make for my husband but I never publish that before he has opened it on Christmas Day, so what with all the preps required this week, this is probably my last published make before the big day. So I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas - hope you all stay safe, and  that we can look forward to a better 2022.
Hugs,

13 comments:

brenda said...

Another magical card Pauline. Hope you are having a good Sunday and staying are amid all the bedlam.

B x

Heather said...

What a pretty play in blues and shades of purple on the edges, Pauline - such a whimsical scene! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles! Merry Christmas!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable little card, full of magic and sparkle!! Love the tiny heart for the "i" in the sentiment! :) Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping challenge of December!

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful creation with this magical winter scene! Such a pretty fairy stamp!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!
Merry Christmas to you!

Lynn said...

Breathtakingly beautiful! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful card and I also love the one below. Some great inspiration

Rainey's Craft Room said...

It's a super, pretty card Pauline, you have really embraced the fairy themes using your new stamps and have created some gorgeous cards using different inking techniques too.
All my DT friends cards were made using 4" square cards but I'm wondering if they were too small posted on their own as I haven't heard if any have arrived yet but yours should be okay inside a parcel.
Lorraine

coldwaters2 said...

WOW what a beauty this is Pauline the colours and images look awesome, thank you also for the beautiful card that you sent me I love it, I hope that you have a fabulous Christmas
hugs
lorraine x

Melanie Hungerford said...

Beautiful card, love the magical theme/sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles!

Francesca said...

Beautiful card, very magical! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

Sarn said...

Such a lovely and magical card Pauline.

Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Pauline, love all that magical sparkle.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril x