Monday 29 November 2021

Watercolour flower bookmarks



Hi peeps, hope you are keeping warm, safe and well with all this wintry weather we're having.

I felt the urge today to make another set of bookmarks to give as a stocking filler Christmas present to a lovely elderly lady who lives nearby - this time I thought I would make a set of 3 using more of my old Penny Black brushstroke flower stamps, and it also gave me chance to use a few of my card snippets (both white card and coloured - all the pieces here are snippets!!)

The photo is quite poor as I took it in electric light so I could  catch a couple of challenges before month end ... I will try to update with a better daylight photo tomorrow! **Edit** I have now replaced the photo with a daylight one!


For each of these I created a background using Distress and Distress Oxide inks, then stamped my brushstroke flowers using Marvey watercolour markers and spritzing the inked stamp with water. I then stamped my sentiment and alphabet before mounting the finished piece onto backing card and completing the hole and ribbons.

Stamps (left to right): 
1. Flower - Penny Black "Blush" (2666K); sentiment - Crafter's Companion Lee Holland set "You Are My Sunshine";
2. Flowers - Penny Black "quite dandy" (3623K); sentiment - Penny Black "the journey" 3177F);
3. Flowers - Penny Black "Aspire" (3381K); sentiment - Penny Black "...dreams..." (2711F);
All - alphabet stamp - Woodware "Additions";
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Antique Linen, Spun Sugar, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint; Distress Oxide Inks - Kitsch Flamingo, Shaded Lilac, Stormy Sky, Twisted Citron; Marvey watercolour markers - various colours;
Ribbon from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Ally's Angels #52 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Country View Challenges (November) - Christmas Gifting (2nd entry)
Penny Black Saturday Challenge (November) - Anything Goes with option Not a Card (2nd entry)
River of Creativity #7 - The Gift (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

That's me done for today ... I think tomorrow i may well be back on the last minute Christmas card scramble!

Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

10 comments:

Zoechaos said...

I love Penny Black Brush Strokes they are like no other stamps and offer such great opportunities do stamp a little differently. These bookmarks made great use of them and are a lovely gift for some. Thank you for adding to the flow at River of Creativity. xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Wow three beautiful bookmarks love them all. Alison xx

brenda said...

A lovely trio of bookmarks Pauline, PB sentiment have such a timeless style to them and I own more than I care to admit. Lovely to see you at River of Creativity, thanks so much for joining in.

I can loan you a puppy to help tidy up, she's a dab hand at bookmarks!

B x

My Paper Epiphany said...

More beautiful bookmarks! Thanks so much for sharing with us at PBSC:)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Thanks for sharing at HLS Watercolour Challenge too:)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely set of bookmarks which as you say make super little gifts too. Beautiful stamping and inkiness.
Lorraine

Marianne's Craftroom said...

These are beautiful

Sarn said...

Oh WOW! These are so lovely. Great colours and great stamping.

There's a mug of hot chocolate with added marshmallows awaiting you in the Playground Treehouse once you’ve finished playing on the swings!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Helen said...

These ones are beautiful too Pauline!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Di said...

These really are divine Pauline! What a perfect gift and so pretty!

Hugs

Di xx