Monday 4 October 2021

One stamp, two ways


On Saturday I shared my first DT card for Allsorts Challenge which used the gorgeous Woodware Stamp "Bold  Blooms - Erica".  Today I would like to show you the same stamp but with a totally different "look": I have now received my new stencils, so I have made my first attempt at a card using both a full-on distress oxide background, masking and stencilling - woo hoo! Having just cottoned on to DO's, stencils and masking after my time away from crafting I am full of ideas and this stamp is pretty much ideal to use with a lot of them!


I stamped my image and coloured it using Promarkers, then masked the image so I could create my background by blending DO's with a mini blending tool, followed by a bit of spritzing and heat setting. I then stencilled using Versamark and brushed with Perfect Pearls .. I absolutely love the effect of this! It being a miserable autumn day it wasn't easy to capture the sheen, so I took a pic in electric light. The stencilling is actually very twinkly!


After setting the Perfect Pearls with more water spritzing, I added some shadow stamping to the corners using a crackle stamp and normal distress ink, and created 1 or 2 random rings by dabbing a pen top into my distress ink pad and then using it to stamp! 

Simple mounting on metallic card, sentiment, twine and a couple of teeny gems and I was done. Once again though this took a long time as I am still in experimental mode. I am absolutely thrilled with this new crafting direction though and can't wait to continue.


Stamps: Main image and sentiment - Woodware "Bold Blooms - Erica"; crackle shadow stamp - Butterfly Kisses clear set;
Media: Image - Promarkers; backgroundTH Distress Oxide inks - Spiced Marmalade, Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron; TH Distress ink - Tea Dye;  stencilling - Perfect Pearls - Copper;
Paper: LotV;
Tools: Darkroom Door small stencil - Honeycomb; Dragon Crafts masking sheets;
Twine, button and gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Addicted to Stamps and More #415 - Die Cuts and Stencils
(I have used my first ever stencil)
As you Like It - Favourite Autumn or Winter and Why
(My favourite is autumn as I love autumn colours and hate winter cold!)
Colour Crazy Challenge #39 - Anything Goes with Colouring (2nd entry)
Country View Challenges (October) - Autumn and /or Hallowe’en
Crafter's Castle #46 - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore #92 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz #566 - Anything Goes with option Autumn Shades - TOP 3
Creative Moments #223 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
MAWTT #135 - Bingo Board - TOP 3
(wording, patterned paper, buttons)
Simon Says … - Happy World Cardmaking Day
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Sparkles #144 - Autumn Colours
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
(I have gone for autumn colours)

So that's me done for today ... I had hoped to make two cards but somehow time ran away with me. Thanks very much for visiting and take care.

Hugs,

20 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Pauline this looks amazing I can't believe this is your first time using stencils you are a born natural, the colours and the added twine are quite simply beautiful, well done you.
hugs
lorraine x

brenda said...

As Lorraine said Wow Pauline. Me thinks you have taken to a bit of grunge and Oxides like a Duck to water, I am loving what you created here and the lovely warm Autumnal colours. Perfect for our October theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque, many thanks for joining us.

B x

Lia said...

You did a great job and I like this card very much.
It's nice that you added some twine.
Lia DT TSOC

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Darlene said...

GREAT JOB ... this is gorgeous! Love your choice of colors and design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful result I love your use of Perfect Pearls through a stencil and over that fabulous DO background it is all set to make the flower pop. Like you I had a long, well a couple of long, breaks from paper crafting isn't it amazing how the ideas just flow when you start again. Thank you for sharing this with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque and enjoy being part of the Allsorts team. xx

Crafting Queen said...

Love the use of autumnal colours. Great card. Thanks for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque and TTCRD challenges. Anesha

Carole J said...

Your card is beautiful - it caught my eye as I'm following you in the linky at the Crafty Catz challenge. Beautiful flowers stamp and gorgeous sparkly stencil work.
Carole x

SusanLotus said...

This card is gorgeous!

Andree said...

A gorgeous card. Wonderful colours and stamp. The addition of the wooden button and string is a nice touch.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore October Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours and stencil and gorgeous flower, beautiful card..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx


Luv CHRISSYxx

Clur said...

Fabulous! Clare x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is a real beauty Pauline. Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous creation over at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member.
xxxx

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card and image! I love the stenciled background and the textures you added! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkles Monthly.
Tammy x

Wendy L said...

I love your card, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xxx

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely card with so many interesting details! Love the masking and stenciling technique you used.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Carol x

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous image and lovely card! Thanks for linking up with us at The Color Crazy Challenge and Best of Luck in the Draw! Donna

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful ! You totally rocked with your first stencil, such a lovely effect with the Perfect Pearls. A gorgeous background to highlight this pretty flower. Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Corrie Herriman said...

Great project! Thank you so much for your contribution to my challenge “autumnal colours/Halloween” over at Country View Challenges! Corrie x

Jane said...

Fab autumn colours! Thanks so much for joining our autumn colours/halloween challenge over at Country View xx