Saturday 9 October 2021

Allsorts Challenge #645


Good morning everyone,

It's Saturday so it's time for another weekly Allsorts Challenge.  Thanks to all the other members of the team for their kind welcome last week, and to other commenters both here and on FB for your kind words. 

This week Lolo has chosen the theme and it is

Embellish it

We have 2 great prizes on offer for you: firstly

Crafty Ribbons is offering a £10 gift voucher for their store (winner pays postage and packing)


And secondly we have a sizzix die for you

Tim Holtz On the Edge Butterflight

Back in the day when I was previously crafting regularly I was definitely into my embellies big time - I was something of a "fussy and fancy" girl and went by the motto "more is more"! Now however I try to keep my cards a bit flatter ... not least because the padded envelope size I used to use for my embellished cards is no longer readily available, and this week I needed to post a card I had made in the past laden with flowers and it was a bit of a nightmare!! Nonetheless I still love my ribbons, gems etc. I also felt the time has come when I need to start seriously cracking on with some Christmas cards, so here's what I did.


I've scarcely made any Christmas cards for about 5 years now other than a couple for close family, so I was casting around in my stash for inspiration and found a couple of LotV rubber stamps I had bought 3 or 4 years ago with good intentions of doing some Christmas makes but never used .. how shocking is that? I always loved James the Bear, so I thought it was about time this stamp got inky. I coloured him with my Promarkers and added some glamour dust to his hat; and my embellishments consist chiefly of a triple loop bow (I couldn't remember how to do these so had to make a few attempts with my Bow-Easy!), and a couple of jingle bells! 


Stamps: Lot\V "James Christmas Tree" and "Grungy Christmas Sentiments";
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Papers: LotV Nitwits Collection - "Festive Trimmings";
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities "labels one" dies;
Jute and gingham ribbons, pearls and bells from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Christmas Crafts All Year Round (October) - Something that Starts with S or T
(T is for tree)
Colour Crazy Challenge #40 - Anything Goes
Crafter's Castle #46 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Crafty Animals #55 - Anything Goes including an animal

Crafty Creations #426 Anything Goes
Critter Crazy Challenges #55 - Anything Goes with a featured critter
Cute Card Thursday #693 - Anything Goes
Get Creative #106 - Anything Goes with optional twist of Holidays
Krafty Chicks #580 - Anything Goes with a stamped image - TOP PICK
MAWTT #135 - Bingo Board (2nd entry)
(ribbon, wording, gems)
Passion For Markers #612 - Use Red - TOP 5
Simon Says ... - Happy World Card Making Day (3rd entry)
Stamping Sensations (October) - Animals, Birds and Bugs
The Holly and Ivy #102 - Anything Christmas Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,


24 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

A stunning Christmas card and thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

brenda said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Pauline, the traditional colours always please and the added sparkle to to the little chaps hat really lift it.

B x

brenda said...

I read your challenge list, saw Stamping Sensations and then totally forgot to thank you for joining in with our October theme.

Mailed you as well.

B x

Sarn said...

Aww - James bear is sooo cute and you’ve coloured him beautifully. Love the traditional colour scheme and your festive embellishments.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mervi said...

Fabulous colouring and so lovely card;-))m

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline as soon as I saw this card I fell in love with it I adore the image you have used and that fabulous ribbon a stupendous make
hugs
lorraine x

Linby said...

I'm glad James got an outing, he is adorable. Love the embellishments on your super Christmas card.

Ellibelle said...

An adorable card Pauline, and you've colored the image so beautifully! I used to use many embellishments years ago too, but now most of my cards tend to be more clean and simple. It's not easy to mail heavily embellished cards and postage has gone up so much over here in the States, in the recent years.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Pauline,James is adorable and coloured beautifully..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Arlene said...

So adorable!

Doris Klein said...

How cute! I love the papers and this sweet image! Wonderful colouration of it, too!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY

Cards By MI said...

A lovely looking card with a really cute image. Thanks for playing along with us over at Passion for markers this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

An adorable image Pauline and you have coloured him beautifully. I too am a full-on embellishment kind a gal so I know where you are coming from with regards to postage costs. Your triple loop ribbon bow and bells looks amazing, mine never turn out as neat as that :)
Lorraine

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Just returning to thank you for entering our 'Use Red' challenge at Passion for Markers this week, hope to see you there again soon.
Lorraine DT

Wendy L said...

Love this card and your colouring is fab,xxx

Ella's Design said...

Awww, you've got to love James Bear for Christmas, Pauline and you've coloured him brilliantly! Great texture from the jute and gingham ribbon and the sweet jingle bells add a festive touch...
Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week! Lisa x

Aunty Sue said...

Adorable James such a lovely Christmas card thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

Lori Turner said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxoxo

Tracy said...

Oh wow I love this Pauline, I love red gingham and it looks fabulous on your card.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Billie A said...

So cute. Fun image and card design. Great papers. Thanks for sharing over at Colour Crazy.

Wendy L said...

Back again to say thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge, xxx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the Critter Crazy challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

Angela Finch said...

Lovely colouring. Thanks for taking part in the Get Creative Challenge Blog. Kind Regards Angela (DT member)

Deanne Saunders said...

A very sweet card!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
*Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper