Friday 15 October 2021

Time to Celebrate


Hi everyone,

Today's card was inspired by feeling celebrational, for a few reasons. Firstly, I was inspired to make a CAS celebrational card for the fab 200th challenge at AAA CAS Challenges. Secondly, I was lucky enough to win a stamp set from  Uniko last week, and wanted to showcase the gorgeous sentiment set that I chose, which is perfect for this theme. Last but not least I took delivery a couple of days ago of a few new gorgeous Woodware stamps, so I wanted to have a play with them.

This is what I made.


The floral stamp is really big and I would have found it difficult to stamp in the past, but my Press to Impress made it much easier not only to stamp, but to position off the page and even mask and add some extra swirly leaves in one direction.  I also love these big sentiment words, which is something I have been looking for as I think they work really well stamped direct onto either CAS backgrounds or distressed panels. I heat embossed all my inking so I could paint the flowers.

This card was also an experiment in painting with my rediscovered Cosmic Shimmer and Luminarte iridescent watercolour paints ... the idea was to create a stylized shimmery look so there is no shading (also I'm no watercolourist!). The flowers and leaves are actually very shimmery ... I took a picture  in sunlight to show this a bit better.


The card was actually going to be a bit more CAS than it turned out .. I accidentally got a bit of a mark on the white space but that gorgeous dragonfly die cut hopefully hides a multitude of sins!

Stamps: Woodware "Petal Trio"; Uniko "Birthday Sentiments";
Media: Cosmic Shimmer and Luminarte iridescent watercolour paints;
Tools: Tattered Lace Cute Critters Dragonfly die.

Challenges I would like to enter:

AAA CAS Challenges #200 - Celebrate (2nd entry)


Classic Design (October) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Creative Knockouts #423 - Embossing Delight
Creative Moments #224 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Dies R Us #179 - Anything Goes with a die brand sold by DRU
(I have used Tattered Lace dragonfly die)
Sisterhood of Crafters - Happy Birthday

That's all from me for today ... I'll be back tomorrow bright and early with a new Allsorts Challenge .

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

9 comments:

Diane said...

Pretty birthday card! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

A.Rose said...

Very pretty flowers! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

Darlene said...

So very pretty ... your coloring/design are awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Lorraine said...

A very pretty card Pauline, love the colourful flowers and cas design.
Lorraine x

Jane said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

coldwaters2 said...

Another wow card Pauline I love the shimmer on the flowers the colours you have used are gorgeous so is the CAS design your talent has been unleashed for sure
hugs
lorraine x

Rae Ann said...

There are no mistakes in card making...just opportunities to embellish! Love all of the glitter and sparkle on this card.

Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts for our Embossing Delight challenge.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love your coloring of the flowers and the shimmer.

Kelly Parker said...

wonderful card! thank you for participating at Crafts Galore Challenge blog http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.com/