Thursday 28 October 2021

Autumn postcard


Hi everyone,

The vintage style stamp I found in my stash for last Saturday’s card was actually one of a pair in an old LotV set - neither of which had seen ink before - so I decided to ink the second one up as well.


This stamp is much more definitely a silhouette stamp than the previous one, so I thought I would try making a background for it  in autumnal colours with my Perfect Pearls, as I'm trying to make use of some of my old stash in new ways. I stamped and embossed the image, then covered the stamped piece in Versamark before brushing on three autumnal colours of Perfect Pearls mica powder - copper, bronze and red - which I then set with a fine mist of water. I also created a stencilled panel of what I would describe as broadly leaf shapes with red Perfect Pearls, then matted everything using black and rose gold cardstock, added a simple sentiment and co-ordinating gems. 

The Perfect Pearls have actually got a massive amount of sparkle which is virtually impossible to capture on these dull autumn days ... so unusually I have taken a photo at an unusual angle to try to show it.


The whole process with the Perfect Pearls was pretty messy and time consuming as it had to be done carefully in stages to avoid mixing the powders; and although a light spritz of water is supposed to be enough to set PP I found it needed a bit more... I don't currently have fixing spray but may look into that. Not really a fan of this technique, but it was something I had been wanting to try out.

Stamps: LotV Set 53 "Vintage Backgrounds"; sentiment - Penny Black “Salutations”;
Media: Perfect Pearls - Perfect Bronze, Perfect Copper, Perfect Red;
Tools: stencil - Craft Sensations at The Range;
Cardstock and gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Country View Challenges (October) - Autumnal Colours and/or Hallowe’en
Crafter's Castle #46 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Creative Craft Cottage #145 - Autumn /Hallowe’en
Creative Knockouts #425 - Anything Goes
Get Creative #106 - Anything Goes with optional twist of holidays
(tenuous use of the option  -  my image is a postcard!!)
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2143 - Anything Goes
Simon Says (Wednesday)Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations (October) Animals, Birds and Bugs (2nd entry)
We Love Chocolate Baroque (October) - Anything Autumn (3rd entry)

Hoping to have a relaxing afternoon dipping in and out of the Lavinia Stamps Hallaganza events online ... more inspiration equals more shopping temptation!! Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

brenda said...

I would have put that image down as CI so surprised it's LoV, but lovely finish with the perfect pearls and can visualise the shine as I know how difficult it is to capture on a camera. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Love this one the colours you have used are gorgeous. Alison xxx

coldwaters2 said...

This is so beautiful Pauline love the stamp and the colours I have just ordered myself some mica thingies, I hope I can do ok with them, lol, you rock with them
hugs
lorraine x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Love your card! I have never seen this LOTV stamp, but surely it's amazing! Love so much the effect of Perfect pearls on it! In the first photo it has fabulous warm autumnal colours!
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge!

pinky said...

So so beautiful. Love the vintage feel and great layout. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Michelle B. said...

I love finding stamps in my stash, it's such a nice surprise! Absolutely beautiful and that stamp is gorgeous. So glad you joined us for our ATG Challenge at Creative Knockouts!

Sarn said...

Wow this is a stunner. So pretty in pink and a lovely image.


Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sarn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craftyfield said...

I love that Vintage background stamp! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges this month!

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

NanaConnie said...

I love your 'post card' card, Pauline. Lovely image. I just want to say Thank You for playing in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Creative Knockouts this week. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Corrie Herriman said...

Great postcard! Thank you so much for your contribution to my challenge “autumnal colours/Halloween” over at Country View Challenges! Corrie x