Sunday 31 October 2021

You Are In My Heart and Thoughts

Well here we are - 5pm on Hallowe'en ... the clocks went back last night here in the UK and it is already pitch dark, very rainy and miserable ... autumn is definitely here!


I would like to share today a card I have made inspired by this week's Simon Says (Monday) Challenge - "Thinking of You", though I would like to enter it into some other challenges as well. I decided to make a floral card using shades of purple, but I didn't make it completely purple and decided to use the sentiment "You are in my heart and thoughts" as I tend to use the sentiment "Thinking of You" for sympathy cards ... so hopefully this one might have a bit wider potential audience of recipients.


I used my current favourite floral stamp set by Woodware, which I stamped and coloured with my Promarkers. I then masked my flowers so that I could create a background with Distress Oxide inks which I then stencilled with more Distress Oxide, and shadow stamped with my text stamp. Finally I added a sentiment, matted onto purple pearlescent cardstock cut to shape with my deckle cutting blade on my paper trimmer, and added a few co-ordinating gems to finish.


Stamps:
 Flowers: Woodware "Bold Blooms - Erica"; background text - Penny Black "Letter Background" (1999L); sentiment - Penny Black "Hugs";
Media: Flowers - Promarkers; background - Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks;
Tools: stencil - Crafter's Companion "Make A Wish";
Gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Colour Crazy #43 - Anything Goes with colouring
Creative Knockouts #425 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Creative Moments #225 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
I ♥ Promarkers #446 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2143 Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Passion For Markers #615 Flower Power - TOP 5
Shopping Our Stash #457 - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
Simon Says (Monday) Thinking of You
Simon Says (Wednesday) Anything Goes (3rd entry)

That's all for today .. time to get some dinner and then snuggle in front of the fire to watch the Strictly results show.

Stay safe and dry, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

7 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card and in my favourite colours too. Alison x

NanaConnie said...

This is truly gorgeous, Pauline! Wearing 2 DT hats today - Thank you for playing in the Pammie's Inky Pinkies challenge this week and also at I Love ProMarkers. Good luck.
NanaConnie DT

Crafty KJ said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love these flowers and your colouring is fab. The background you've created is stunning and the added text is so effective. Love the deckle edge to your card too - I'm tempted to get my deckle edged scissors out again now!! Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

Wendy L said...

This is gorgeous, I would love to stamp like this, xxx

The Crafty Den said...

What a stunning card Pauline. I love the beautiful flowers and your colouring is perfect. The background is fantastic too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Linby said...

Beautifully done. Your background looks great with the stamp.

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous card with outstanding coloring! This card would definitely cheer up a miserable, dark Winter day! Thanks for sharing with us at The Color Crazy Challenge. Donna