Saturday 2 October 2021

Exciting news - new DT member for Allsorts Challenge #644


Good morning everyone - I have some really exciting news which I have been bursting to share, and today's the day! I have been asked by the lovely Brenda to join the Design Team for the Allsorts Challenge - woo hoo!!  Having just got back into cardmaking over the summer I am absolutely thrilled to have this new focus to keep me motivated to carry on crafting and try new techniaues, and I'm excited to be working with and getting to know the other talented ladies on the DT.


Allsorts is one of my favourite challenges and is clearly doing something right as it continues to thrive after over 12 years of weekly challenges ... it provides fab inspiration and also offers fantastic prizes from a variety of crafty providers! Sadly the one down side of being on the DT is that I won't be able to enter in hope of winning them any more! ☺️

Anyhoo to business ... Lynn has chosen this week's theme for Week #644 and it is

I love ....

.. so this could be anything you love - eg. favourite stamp, colour, style of crafting .. the choice is endless๐Ÿ˜€

This week we are offering 2 prizes:

 Helping Hands Craft is kindly offering a £15 store voucher 


Also we are offering a Tim Holtz on The Edge Pennant die


Obviously the main thing I'm loving right now is getting involved in the Allsorts DT, so it seemed only right that for my first DT card I should use a stamp that I won in the recent "Challenge for Kath" that Allsorts held in memory of their dear fellow DT member who recently passed away - and I really do love this stamp! I also love flowers, and the colour combo of pink and green so that ticks a few boxes!


I coloured my stamp with Promarkers and Flexmarkers using a "dotty" technique that was inspired by an image I found on Pinterest (see below) whilst googling to find the exact name of this stamp. The image is from the gallery of Julia Watts Crafts blog for a Hochanda Woodware stamps show broadcast in June 2017.  I just love this colouring technique and will surely use it again in future with bold floral stamps.



As the stamp and DP are so bold I kept the layout of my card simple, and just did a bit of freehand faux stitching with my piercing tool, ruler and fine liner.

Stamps: Image - Woodware Bold Blooms - Erica; Sentiment - Penny Black "Flourish Birthday" (4071F);
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Paper and gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

A Gem of a Challenge #20 - Anything Goes (2nd entry) - WINNER
Colour Crazy Challenge #39 - Anything Goes with Colouring
Crafter’s Cafe #275 - Anything Goes
Creatalicious #220 - Anything Goes with the option of Favourite Colour Combo -TOP 3
(mine is pink & green)
Creations in Pink #37 - Anything Goes in Mainly Pink
Creative Moments #223 -Anything Goes
I ♥ Promarkers #444 Anything Goes with option Make it Square - TOP 3
NBUS #31 - Use Never Before Used Schtuff
(mine is the flower stamp)
Passion for Markers #611 - In the Pink - TOP 5
Penny’s Challenge #506 - Anything Goes with Paper
Simon Says … - Happy World Cardmaking Day
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Hope you can join us for this week's Allsorts challenge and look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the team.

Have a good weekend, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

20 comments:

brenda said...

First of all welcome to the team Pauline ๐Ÿ˜Š

You have really done a great job with your new stamp and the pink and green colour palette gives such a lovely summer feel, beautifully done and fab first DT creation.

B x

Lynn said...

Your cards are so lovely. Thanks for sharing them with blogland.

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Pauline what a stupendous debut card the colouring in dots is not new to me as I use this technique for a surround to my images etc, the colouring of the whole image is something I am definitely going to have to try because it really does look fantastic, the mix of colours is perfect, oh it is so great to have you on the team you are one very talented lady.
hugs
lorraine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Welcome to our team Pauline, I'm sure you will have fun here.
Your card is gorgeous, bright and cheerful. The pretty colour palette is perfect for this bold stamp too.
Lorraine

Sarn said...

Congrats on your new DT position. The card you've made with your recent prize is just gorgeous. A lovely colouring technique giving a great effect, but I highly suspect I'm too impatient for it!
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Clur said...

Congrats Pauline! This card is gorgeous. I love the colouring technique ๐ŸŽจ ๐Ÿ’• Clare x

Ellibelle said...

Welcome to the team, Pauline, so nice to have you joining us!
Your card is gorgeous, simply beautiful and what a great coloring technique! I've seen it done for shading outside the image but not the whole image and it looks absolutely stunning! I will have to give it a try soon!

Linby said...

Welcome to the team Pauline. This is such a beautiful and bright card, so pretty.

Linda Mc Enery said...

Firstly, congratulations on your new DT position!
Your card is gorgeous and I love the colouring technique you've used! What a great effect! Gorgeous colour choices and such pretty background paper. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

Crafty KJ said...

I absolutely love this card! A gorgeous image and your dotty technique looks fab. Love the pink and green colour combo too- perfect for our challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

Mervi said...

Welcome to the team Pauline.
Gorgeous card with lovely stamp and pretty colours;-))m

Darnell said...

First of all, congratulations, Pauline, both for being appointed to the DT and for winning this fabulous stamp in the challenge which was a tribute to dear Kath! You did a brilliant job of the dotty technique in pinks and greens and I'm impressed with your faux stitching! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Nat said...

I adore this pretty image and your dots look fantastic! Thank you for joining in my challenge at PFM
Natx

The Crafty Den said...

What a beautiful card Pauline. I love the gorgeous image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x
p.s. congrats on your new DT position x

Furrbster said...

Such a pretty colour combo and lovely colouring,

Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments and I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! I love colouring technique! Thanks for playing at I Love Promarkers Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Marci said...

What a gorgeous card! Thank you so much for your participation at Creatalicious Challenges we are delighted to have your participation on our blog ๐Ÿฅฐ
Marci - DT

Tracy said...

I love this Pauline, it's really gorgeous, a wonderful design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Jackie C said...


This has come together beautifully!
Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious.
Good luck, we all hope to see you and your wonderful creations again!

Ela said...

Beautiful card with this special technique. Thanks for sharing it at Penny's paper challenge. Hugs Ela DT