Wednesday 29 September 2021

Fanfare


I'm feeling really excited right now, as having got back into crafting over the summer I have now decided to get some new playthings to take my crafting in new directions, and have ordered some TH Distress Oxide inks, stencils and masking sheets.  My first order of distress oxides arrived yesterday,  so I just had to have a play with them!  

I have been watching numerous online tutorials recently about blending techniques etc. including one on Craft World which involved layering stamped distressed card on top of a non-coloured image as per the following photograph.




 that is what broadly inspired today's card. 


This was a really simple card - I stamped my main image directly onto my base card, then cut a panel of smooth Neenah cardstock which I distressed with my 3 inks and splattered with water to get some resist effect. I then stamped my image again onto the distressed panel, and sliced it to create the effect where the image beneath can be seen peeking through.  Finished off with a few scattered gems and a simple sentiment - voila! 

I have to say at first sight I am really blown away by distress oxides and will definitely be using them a lot more in future ... I can see why they have taken the craft world by storm over the past 3-4 years when I was pretty much out of the crafting loop.

My main image is an old Penny Black wood-mounted stamp; but I also used my brand new stamp positioning tool to place my sentiment directly onto the base card. On Monday I took delivery of a Press To Impress tool  and it's absolutely fab - don't know how i managed without it! In fact I'm now wondering about converting my old woodblock stamps to unmounted for future use!

Stamps: Penny Black "Fanfare" (3946K); sentiment - unknown;
Media: TH Distress Oxide inks - Picked Raspberry, Kitsch Flamingo, Salvaged Patina;
Gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Time Out #197 - Inspiration Quote


(I have been inspired by the ideas of flowers and friends)

A Gem of a Challenge #20 - Anything Goes
Crafter's Castle #45 - Anything Goes
Creatalicious #219 - Anything Goes with option of Friends
Cute Card Thursday #692 - Anything Goes
NBUS #30 - Use Never Before Used Schtuff (2nd entry)
(mine is my Distress Oxide inks and stamp positioning tool) 
Penny Black Saturday Challenge (September) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes


That's all for today, but I will be back soon with more inky experiments. My question for the rest of this afternoon is ... should I play some more with my distress oxides or tackle my large basket of ironing??  Hmmm ....

'Til next time - thanks for visiting.
Hugs,


5 comments:

brenda said...

You might call it simple Pauline but it's really beautifully done. Enjoy inky fun.

B x

Billie A said...

Awesome card. Love how you did the wc and images. So glad you shared over at Happy Little Stampers wc

The Craft Princess said...

Very pretty and creative technique! I love it. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Pauline I love the stamps you have used also love how you have done the colouring strips it looks so effective and so very professional super, super make
hugs
lorraine x

Jill V said...

Such a fun technique - and you used it beautifully with this design! I love the added bling as well. Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT!