Tuesday 7 September 2021

Splatters and Splodges!


Hi everyone,

I decided to have another inky play yesterday afternoon, this time getting out my distress ink pads and following a Youtube tutorial to create a three-tone splattered effect on a piece of cardstock. This then developed in a fairly organic way into a card ... I allowed the background panel to dry and stamped my flower stamp onto it, then enhanced the spatter background effect by using a "splodges" mini stamp to create additional shadow spatter marks both on the image panel and on my base card using a co-ordinating Versamagic chalk ink and Colorbox Cats Eye pigment ink. I also used a swirly mini stamp from the same set to create a few shadow swirls round the edge of the panel. A couple of simple sentiments and that was it .. job done! It did take half the afternoon though, most of which was taken up by experimental trial runs!


I am having a lot of fun trying a few new things with the stash I already have ... it always brings on a longing for new crafty purchases though!

Stamps: main flower - Unity Stamps "Insightful Meadows"; splodges and swirls - Butterfly Kisses clear set; sentiments - unknown.
Media: Tim Holtz distress inks - Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint; Versamagic chalk ink - Aegean Blue; Colorbox Cats Eye pigment ink - Pistachio.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #640 - Anything Goes 
(does not include option of "for the love of my life")
Crafter's Cafe #273 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Crafty Calendar (September) - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers (September -Watercolour) - Anything Goes with watercolour
Simon Says (Monday) - Stamp It!
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Stamp It! (2nd entry)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
We Love Chocolate Baroque (September) - Anything Goes with option of celebrations

Hope you're having a great day and thanks for visiting.

Hugs,

12 comments:

Linby said...

I love the effect you achieved, with the addition of the stamps it's a great look. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

brenda said...

Beautifully done Pauline, I always love blues and green as a colour palette and the way you have carried the coluours to the base card works so well.

So happy you found us at We Love Chocolate Baroque, thanks so much for joining in and also doing so at this weeks Allsorts challenge.

B x

Liz said...

Super card Pauline, lovely design. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
Liz xx

Ashwini Rao said...

Seems like a lot of work went into the backgrounds - and I must say, it shows - the background looks stunning! I love colors and the combination of the splattered, color smoosh with the mini swirlys. The elegant flower lovely on top. Thank you for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge!

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

Well that was one very productive play session wasn't it .. .. .. and what a beautiful card it has morphed into.

Love your colour choices very much. Very soft and muted.

I bet you will be going down this route again now this card has turned out so successful.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx

HilaryJane said...

Your splatters and splurges are just wonderful. I love the muted tones too xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline I have to say this is so beautiful I admire your talent with doing the background work unfortunately this is not my forte but I do love looking at the effects that happen when this technique is used, the image stands out so well against the colours you have used, excellent card
hugs
lorraine x

Alicia said...

Fantastic card!! I love the way you carried the colors through the design. beautiful!!

creationsnz said...

Beautifully soft and roantic. I like how you extended the colour off the image onto the base card. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafters Cafe, come again soon. CarolG

Zoechaos said...

This is just Beautiful, I love the dreamy effect you achieved with the inking technique and the stamp is just lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque and good luck. x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

foleysfriend said...

I really like that you continued the splotches from the focal panel onto the card base. Your splattered background is lovely and really love the addition of the swirls around the edges. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.

sue n.