Wednesday 1 September 2021

Insightful Meadows


Hi everyone. Since I restarted crafting a couple of months ago I have focussed almost exclusively on cute images coloured with my Promarkers, pretty papers and embellishments .... and long may it continue!!  This week however I have been feeling in the mood to try something different, and fancied trying some inky background blending. Initially I searched out my old Tim Holtz distress ink pads and at the weekend I treated myself to  blending tool, and this afternoon I sat down to have a play.  

Here's the result.


In the end I didn't actually use my distress inks, but instead sponged a background using some Versamagic chalk ink pads I found in my craft box. I also created a stamped wildflower meadow by using a variety of stamps from a couple of different sets of silhouette stamps. I then just matted the result onto two co-ordinating border layers and that was basically it... no papers, no ribbon, no flower embellishments (I needed a lie down after that!). Of course I couldn't completely leave this CAS card alone so I added a bit of glamour dust to the bee's wings and two teeny aqua gems to the sentiment.


I'm not actually tremendously well set up with supplies for this type of project, so I'm seriously thinking about buying one or two stencils and masking sheets so I can take things a bit further. However, despite a little accident right near completion where I got a bit of glue on my background I'm not too displeased with this first attempt.  

Stamps: Flowers - Unity Stamps "Insightful Meadows"; leaves, bee and sentiment - "Summer Meadow", free with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine;
Media: background sponged with Versamagic chalk ink - Aquatic Splash, Sea Breeze and Aegean Blue. Image stamped with Memento ink.

Challenges I would like to enter:

A Gem of a Challenge #18 - Anything Goes
Allsorts #639 - Clean and Simple
Crafter's Cafe #273 - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations #425 - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
Creatalicious #218 - Anything Goes
Simon Says (Monday) - Glimmer and Sparkle
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Stamp It in STAMPtember
Sparkles #143 - Monochromatic (2nd entry)

So that's my crafting done for today. Thanks very much for visiting.
Hugs,

5 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely design for a pretty floral creation, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts CAS theme this week.

B x

Tone K. said...

Really pretty card! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline the first thing I want to say is 'Thank You' for visiting my blog I am thrilled that you popped by, I am so glad that I have come to visit your card is so beautiful I really love how you have created that background it is a technique that I am not good at the moment but I do love seeing the effects that other crafters obtain by this type of shading, a truly wonderful make
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

What a beautiful card, love the stamps you used! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkles Monthly.
Tammy x

Cazro said...

A beautiful design, it looks so relaxing. Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles Monthly, we look forward to you visiting us again. Caz. DT