Thursday 23 September 2021

Rudolph the red nosed dragon


Today I’d like to show you my first Christmas card using a cute Lee Holland Art dragon image … this one was a freebie for newsletter subscribers 😀


For some reason nothing seemed to go right in my crafting session yesterday, and I coloured various images and then threw them away !! Most particularly I tried to colour “Dragon building a snowman” which was my original image choice to go with these papers, but I couldn’t seem to make the snow dragon look right at all so I think I will need to think some more about how best to shade him! Also I seemed to suffer a lot today with bleeding of my markers in the detailed areas … I recently bought new Neenah card stock which I thought was what I had before, but with this it is definitely more difficult to control colour bleeding.

Eventually I decided to go forward with this image even though my colouring isn’t the best … I just needed to move on!


I am still working with just my mini craft tote at the moment, so the coloured image was made into a pretty simple card. Normal service will be resumed at the weekend so I should once again have access to all my stash 😀

Stamps:  Lee Holland - Dragon with sleigh (digi); sentiment - LotV “Christmas Grungy Messages”;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Papers: LotV “Frozen Snowflakes”;
Tools: Martha Stewart snowflake punch.

Challenges I would like to enter:

ABC Christmas Challenge  -T is for Two (2 DP’s)
A Perfect Time to Craft (September) - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Colour Crazy Challenge #37 - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore #91 - Anything Goes - DT FAVOURITE
Crafty Creations #425 - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday #692 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Happy Little Stampers (Christmas) : September - Anything Christmas Goes with option of non-traditional
I ❤️ Promarkers #444 - Anything Goes with option of make it square
NBUS #30 - use Never Before Used Schtuff
(mine is my main digi image)
The Holly and Ivy #101 - Anything Christmas Goes

That’s all for today .. take care and back soon. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my what a little beauty this is Pauline I absolutely love that cutie image and your colouring is perfection I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Jackie C said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

sweetpea said...

Lovely card, love the colour. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Janet DT.

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creation! I love image and colours!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge September "ATG".
Ileanaxx

mixamatoasties said...

Love this.

Thank you for joining us for the September challenge at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

brenda said...

Couldn't understand why this wasn't on my reading list, seems my follow your blog didn't work so just done it again. Adore the colours of this one Pauline.

B x

Toni said...

Ha! This is so cute! Took me a sec to realize it was a dragon :)

Darnell said...

I think you are too hard on yourself, Pauline! This is fabulous! It is not a simple design to my eye and I think your coloring of this absolutely delightful image is wonderful! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Clare Jones said...

Thank you for joining in our challenge at I love promarkers this fortnight, your card is super cute & beautifully coloured
We are having a Design Team call out if you are interested https://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.com/2021/09/dt-call-out.html
Clare x

Furrbster said...

This is absolutely gorgeous - and sooooo cute!

Thanks for playing along with us at I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Dorte said...

Wonderful colours and a super cute image-love the card design.
Thank you for joining in our S and T challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Dorte x

foleysfriend said...

I also think you're a bit too hard on yourself. I think that your coloring is gorgeous - I love your shading and the way you've added dimension and texture. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

sue n.