Wednesday 25 August 2021

Let it Snow!


Hi everyone. 
Today I had a sudden and unexpected urge to get started with some Christmas cardmaking. I have already made one Chrimbo card this year but that involved using a coloured image that I found in my stash; so this was the first one I made completely from scratch for 2021. 

My first task was to have a bit of a look in my sash to remind myself of what I've got ... that is one of the pleasures of coming back to cardmaking after so long hardly doing any. I found an absolutely fabulous old LotV paper pad featuring snowflakes in funky colours, so that formed the basis of today's card.


This cute Penny Black image is one that I have had for years and don't use very often, but it looks so joyful it just put me in the mood.  My colouring still needs practice, but I guess the only way to get batter is by keeping on trying!


Stamps: image - Penny Black "Let it Snow"(1524K); sentiment - Make Your Mark;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers, Copics (fur); snow decorated with glamour dust;
Papers: LotV "Frozen Snowflakes";
Tools: Martha Stewart “Snow Flurry” Punch Around the Page; Whimsy "Winter’s Jewel 1” large snowflake die; smaller snowflakes - unknown.



Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #637/638 - Add Some Sparkle (3rd entry)
Christmas Craft Creations (August) - Non-traditional Colours
Christmas With the Cuties #52 - Anything Cute & Christmassy
 Promarkers #442 - Anything Goes with option of more than one layer - WINNER
Incy Wincy - Use a Card  Tutorial and/or Animals (2nd entry)
Penny Black Saturday Challenge (August) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
The Holly and Ivy #100 - Anything Christmas Goes

So ... that's 2 Christmas cards down, quite a lot still to go ... guess I'd better get busy!

'Til next time, take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

14 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

A really beautiful Christmas card.

Such lovely papers and colours and I love your snowflakes with their coloured gem centres.

Love Jules xx

brenda said...

A real fun card with the great design, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love the colours on this sweet card and your gorgeous colouring of this image. Many thanks for sharing it in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Francesca said...

Wonderful card, love the snowflakes and the design! Thanks for playing at Christmas Craft Creations

Lindsey said...

Your colouring looks good to me! Such a cute little guy, and beautiful colours to back him. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

coldwaters2 said...

This is full of festive delight and joy such a cute image and wonderful card design thank you for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS
hugs
lolo x

Lisa xx said...

Such a gorgeous card, such a sweet image, and fabulous colouring too

Thank you so much for joining us at Christmas with the Cuties

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Beautiful Christmas card. I love your image. Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Pat said...

Lovely card with a beautiful image and gorgeous colours, thanks for sharing at Christmas with the Cuties.

Pat xx

Darnell said...

Your beautiful card radiates JOY, Pauline! I love your layering and your coloring is amazing! Thank you for the visit and for following me so I can return the flavor. It's lovely to meet you and admire your card art! Hugs, Darnell

Rocky said...

Your colouring looks just fine to me, great card and the colour choice is perfect for our challenge, thank you for joining us at CCC.

MagsB said...

It's never too soon to start on Christmas cards! What a sweet card, Pauline, I love the joyful Penny Black Mouse, you have coloured him so well! Thanks for joining in at the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!

love Mags B x

Tammy L said...

Gorgeous card. I love your coloring and your color palette. Really well done. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations and hope to see you again soon.
Tammy DT

SewPaperPaint said...

Fantastic coloring and layout! Such a joyful Christmas greeting! xx, Autumn