Friday 20 August 2021

Summer flowers


Today I have a fairly simple card to show you ... I needed a birthday card to put in the post, and found an image in my stash which I stamped and coloured many moons ago .... so that was the basis for my card and it all went from there!


I thought with my image already stamped and coloured this would be a quick card but I was sadly mistaken ... it seems to take forever to get set up, find the papers and embellishments I want, decide what to do ... and today it was exacerbated because I couldn't remember how to use my Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page so had to look up the correct paper sizes!! it all came together in the end though after a few failed attempts with the punch!

I have also found my old watermark signature, and spent a bit of time looking up and experimenting with how to put it on my photos as that memory was well lost in the mists of time ... but I seem to have got there!


Stamps: Main image - LotV; Sentiment- Penny Black clear set "Salutations"; tag sentiments - LotV "tiny tags";
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Tools: Tattered Lace "Cute Critters" dragonfly die; Martha Stewart “Wildflowers” Punch Around the Page;
Paper, ribbon and gems from my stash.


Challenges I would like to enter:

Corrosive #8 Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Crafty Calendar (August) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Crafty Creations #424 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Cute Card Thursday #691 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Incy Wincy Card Tutorial and/or animal 
(I chose the easy option of an animal!)
Moving Along With The Times #133 Summer Fun or Summer Colours (yellow/orange)
Passion For Markers #605 - Add A Tag - TOP 5
Penny's Challenge #503 - Anything Goes with paper
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Add A Sentiment
Sweet Stampin' - Feature an Animal
Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes

That's all for today, have a nice weekend and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

7 comments:

Linda Mc Enery said...

This turned out so beautifully, especially after the frustration you experienced along the way. I sometimes change up my card making process, starting with the paper I want to use, and choosing an image that will go well with it, or even starting with the embellishments I want to use and then finding an image and paper to match.
Your punched border is beautiful and the colours you chose for this are warm and happy. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a darling creation. Thanks for joining the fun with us at Sweet Stampin' this week. LOVE what you've done. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Crafty KJ said...

This is just gorgeous! Love this cute image and your colouring is fab. Love the fancy frame too and those tags are perfect! Thanks so much for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

Intruderlady said...

Beautiful card, love everything about it. Gorgeous coloring. Thanks for entering my challenge at Passion for Markers. Good luck with your entry.
Kitty - PFM DT

Sue said...

This is just gorgeous I love LOTV images and your card is the sweetest thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x

Sue said...

This is so cute! and thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin hugs Sue x

Zoe Tant said...

Aw how sweet is he. Lovely summer card thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Zoe DT xx