Saturday 21 August 2021

Silver Wedding


2 special friends of mine are celebrating their silver wedding anniversary next week, so I just had to make them a special card to celebrate. I wouldn't normally post such an occasion card before the actual date, but I asked permission from my friend so I could enter it into a couple of current online challenges which offer lovely prizes, and she said she was fine with it and promised not to peek!!

So here it is...


I veered away from my usual cute style, and decided to go for something simple and understated but (hopefully) stylish. It is an 8" * 8" card so plenty of room for my impact dies which I don't use very often. 


The whole thing consists of die cuts using mirri card mounted on white sparkly background paper, with the only hint of colour being a little chalking on the embossed butterfly wings.  In reality this card is very white and silver and very sparkly, but for some reason it was really difficult to capture this in photos - even when Ii tweaked the brightness etc. 


Dies: Memory Box "Bella Bouquet" ; Provo Craft Cut & Emboss "Butterflies"; Spellbinders Nestabilities "Decorative Labels Eight"; Tattered Lace "Alphabet Retro" (sentiment); Provo Craft "Hippie Chick" (numbers);
Paper, gems and ribbon from my stash.


Challenges I would like to enter:

A Gem of a Challenge #17 - Anything Goes
Allsorts #637/638 - Add Some Sparkle
Crafty Creations #424 Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Penny's Challenge #503 Anything Goes With Paper (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Dry Emboss
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Add A Sentiment (2nd entry)
Sparkles #143 - Monochromatic
Through The Craft Room Door Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Time for dinner now, but I'll be back before too long with another card I made yesterday ... I'll just say it will involve another cute dragon!  Hope you are enjoying your weekend whatever you're doing.

Hugs,

6 comments:

brenda said...

It is a rather lovely card for your friends special anniversary Pauline, I'am sure they will be delighted with it, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our Sparkle theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a lovely Anniversary card, thank you for sharing it with us at Allsorts challenge this week.
Lorraine

Linby said...

I just love the way you used silver with white, it's really a lovely card and I'm sure the recipients will treasure it. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

Valérie said...

Wow, this is a stunning card. I love the elegant look and the all white. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at Sparkles Challenge monochromatic theme. Good luck! Valérie DT

dorsetdawndesigns said...

I love the colours and the butterflies. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Sparkles Monthly Dawn S DT

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful elegant creation!
Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge and sorry for the late comment.
Ileanaxx