Wednesday 11 August 2021

Summertime Blues


I needed to make a birthday card for a friend, so I decided to take my primary inspiration from this week’s Simon Says (Wednesday) Challenge - "Summertime Blues". Having decided on a colour scheme I had a dig around to find some suitable papers that were both summery and blue, and then searched for an image to suit the papers … rather the opposite way round from my usual method which normally starts with an image.
 
Here’s the result. 


I love this cute image which I have had forever but I don’t think I have actually inked until now. It was quite difficult to colour but I’m a fairly pleased with how it turned out.


I’m also trying to reach out dies I’ve not used for a long time, such as this gorgeous butterfly and scrolling foliage. 

A couple of years ago when I was last into crafting I bought a special storage case for my dies to store them on magnetic sheets but didn't label them! However lately I got to thinking  I was sure I had stored all the packaging in the loft somewhere so that I could create an inventory of what was in the case later .... and my dear husband had a look at the weekend and found a large carrier bag full - happy days!! So now I will be able to put together an inventory and mostly know what I'm actually using!


Stamp: Fizzy Moon “Celebrations”;
Sentiment: LotV - Art pad No. 8;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Paper: LotV Nitwits “Petal Fresh”;
Tools: Spellbinders nestabilities; Magnolia Doohickey "Swirly butterfly" and "Heart Swirl Branch"; Cheery Lynn Designs "Fanciful Flourish";
Supplies: Flowers by Wild Orchid Crafts; ribbon and lace from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

A Gem of a Challenge #16 Anything Goes
Allsorts #635/636 - Anything Goes with option of roses - mine are on the lace 
Corrosive Challenge #8 Anything Goes
Crafty Creations #424 - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday #691 Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers (August) - Anything Goes With Dies
Incy Wincy - Summer / beach and/or Animals
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Summertime Blues
Stamping Sensations (August) Any Celebration 
Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes

After a mammoth crafting session yesterday I’ll be having a day off today to let my back recover from sitting for hours on a hard dining room chair!! Thanks very much for visiting. 

Hugs,


8 comments:

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

brenda said...

It's another real beauty Pauline. I am so pleased to see you back crafting as I always loved your style, it's one I can't achieve so nice to see what you create.

Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations again.

B x

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

Such a beautiful card, love the image and coloured perfectly. Thank you so much for joining in with weeks challenge @Through the Craft Room Door. Debbie
DT

Mervi said...

Fabulous and sweet card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

TaeEun said...

This is an adorable birthday card with lots of lovely details! The bear is so sweet! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Mrs.B said...

A gorgeous card, the image is so sweet.
Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations,
Avril

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Beautiful card, I love it. Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

A really lovely card - what a lucky friend to receive it!

Your colouring is amazing! I thought you were going to say your image was a pre-coloured one as it is so perfect!

Pleased you found your die packaging.

Love Jules xx