Tuesday 3 August 2021

Magical dragon


A couple of weeks ago I was fortunate enough to win the Cutie Pie Challenge, and my prize was 2 digi images from Lee Holland Art

I have to confess that although I have a few digi images I have rarely used them up to now as I’m not overly familiar with how to resize them etc., but having won a couple I thought I’d give it a go. Lee has lots of fab images in his online shop so it was pretty difficult to pick 2; but I was particularly drawn to his images of cute dragons, primarily as they are quite different from anything else I’ve seen.

So here is a birthday card for a friend that I needed to make straight away, using one of the images.


What is not to love about this cute baby dragon?? ❤️ I’m also a big lover of butterflies so this image ticked all the boxes for me. I wasn’t too sure how to colour him so I’m not altogether confident about that, but I did my best and had a lot of fun. 


I am also starting to look through my stash and reacquaint myself with what I’ve got after three years of doing very little cardmaking … including absolutely loads of dies!! I rooted out these fabulous Magnolia Doohickey flowers which haven’t been used in toooo long!


The card is actually pretty sparkly, but the light wasn’t too great when I was taking photos so the pics don’t fully capture that. 

Stamps: Lee Holland Art - “Dragon with butterfly”; sentiment free with Simply Card and Papercraft magazine ;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Tools: Spellbinders dies and Magnolia Doohickey “doily flowers” dies;
Paper, gems and ribbon from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

A Gem of a Challenge #16 - Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge I is for insects
Cute Card Thursday #690 - Anything Goes with optional theme of summer
Passion for Markers #603 - Favourite Colours 
(I definitely love pastels, and think lilac and green work very well together)
Simon Says (Monday) - Birthday Celebration
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations (August) - Any Celebration 
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
(that is a really difficult one as I love lots of stamps … but I do tend to love stamps that a feature cute animal gazing at a butterfly, and this cute dragon has got to be my new favourite (for now!!))

That’s me done for today. Thanks for visiting. 

Hugs,

 

13 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

So cute and very pretty colours. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

cheiro urgia said...

Your card is absolutely stunning and I'd never guess your issues with digis because I can see absolutely no flaws here. The little dragon is awesome, and I like how the butterflies in the background complement the one in your digi. Beautiful choice of colours, too - so whimsical and perfect for the main motif. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wow, your coloring is spot on, perfectly coordinated with the papers and embellishments! Such a fun card, thank you for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge!

brenda said...

It is a difficult one, I think in future it should be current favourite as it changes as new goodies drop on our desks. But it's a very pretty card in all the shades of lilac and hints of green.
Many thanks for sharing a (current) 'Favourite Stamp' with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque and also joining in our August theme at Stamping Sensations Celebrations challenge.

B x

Crafty KJ said...

Aw this is absolutely gorgeous! Love this image and you've done a great job colouring it. A great colour combo and that diecut flower is perfect too. Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

Jules said...

This is super lovely Pauline.

Love all the purple and your cute image.

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx

Ellibelle said...

What a cute dragon and beautifully done card. I have a few of Lee Holland's images but it's been a while since I used them. They are all so cute!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Tracy said...

Such a sweet card, and an adorable image. Thanks for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge. Good Luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mrs.B said...

This is such a pretty card, it's definitely a cute image.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril xx

Dawn Phillips said...

This is so beautiful. Thanks for joining my Alphabet Challenge theme. Love Dawn x

Sheryl said...

Oh this is gorgeous on so many levels. It is a perfect monochrome card. The embellishments and layers work perfectly to create dimension.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT

Deborah Wheeler said...

oh that's just so cute - your little dragon is clearly a fan of butterflies! Great colouring as well. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

Mervi said...

Fabulous lilac colours, cute and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge;-))m