Wednesday 10 January 2024

Snowdrop


Hi everyone, I would like to share a fairly straightforward card today, as I’ve been suffering with a rotten cold since the weekend so haven’t done much crafting due to feeling completely devoid of motivation and energy! 

It being New Year there are currently severaI challenges around on the subject of "New". I’m very lucky to have quite a bit of new stash at the moment … my darling husband bought me a set of Zig watercolour brush pens for Christmas, and I also have several sets of AALL & Create stamps bought in their recent sale which haven’t seen ink yet, and further stamps and stencils from a couple of challenge wins. Bizarrely I actually feel a bit overwhelmed by it all, but I thought I needed to start somewhere so I allowed myself to be inspired by a couple of challenge mood boards that feature snowdrops (I love snowdrops!!). Here’s the result.


I decided to use this gorgeous new-to-me snowdrop stamp which is rather tall, so I elected to make a DL card for a change. I cut a piece of white stamping card 20cm x 9 cm, stamped and masked the snowdrop, then created an inky background by smooching 2 colours of Distress Oxide ink onto my craft mat and applying with acetate.  I removed the mask and coloured the snowdrop with Zig Markers and Spectrum Noir sparkle pen, then added a couple of stamped background words. I then decided to add a bit of background stamping which I did in Morning Mist VFC, applying the stamp directly to the card without a stamping block. I then added my stamped sentiment and matted the panel onto blue pearlescent linen card stock and a hand cut DL card blank, also adding a little ribbon trim. Finally I masked the lower portion and edges of the card and added some white Posca spatter, using a brand new fine white Posca pen which seems to behave itself rather better than its predecessor!

For challenge purposes the new items on this card are stamp sets #623 and #455, and previously unused stamps from stamp sets #453 and Typewriter Sentiments; also this is my first teeny tentative use of my Zig pens.

Stamps: AALL & Create #623 Elegant Spring Florals, #455 Seasons, #453 Heart Grunge, #304 Heartfelt; Pink Frog Typewriter Sentiments;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Salvaged Patina); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist); Kuretake Zig watercolour brush pens; Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); Posca pen (white).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #762 - Mood board
(I have chosen snowdrops .. I wasn’t sure if they were crocuses but the DT have shown some snowdrop cards so I hope that’s ok)


Beautiful Blossoms #12 - Anything Floral Goes
Cardz 4 Galz - A DL Card With Flowers - TOP 3
Double Trouble #156 - Background Personality - TOP 3
( I have chosen Introvert - calm, soft pastel)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Something New (2nd entry)
(I have chosen snowdrops)


Sweet Stampin’ - What’s New With You? (2nd entry)
Try It On Tuesday - Winter Blues - TOP 5

I'm off now for a sniffle and a possibly a doze!  Hope I'll soon be feeling perkier so I can hopefully start doing justice to some more of my new stash!

Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

22 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I hope you feel better soon Pauline, colds have a tendency to linger on but you have created a fabulous card. It is very delicate and beautifully inked.
Thanks for sharing at Allsorts too.
Lorraine

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Pauline and love the beautiful snowdrop and background you created with the delicate colour.I love snowdrops too and tbh thought the pics were crocus too.Hope you feel better soon.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

brenda said...

A short C&P comment as I'm unwell and unable to type/craft much, but wanted to know I've seen your Allsorts and SS entry and thank you.

B

Ellibelle said...

So beautiful Pauline, love how it turned out! I too have this set from a recent order but have ordered so many that I can relate to feeling a bit overwhelmed but them all. Funny enough I placed one more order from their sale just recently. Sorry to hear you are under the weather, hope you feel better soon!!
And thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

Chris said...

Sorry you're feeling rotten, so many of these nasty viruses about just now, hope you feel better soon. Despite the way you feel your card is gorgeous, love the snowdrop stamp and the beautiful delicate background design. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Perfect stamp for a tall card, and love the technique you used on your beautiful colored background and stamping... love your card. Thanks for sharing with us your "Background Personality" with us at Double Trouble.

Sarn said...

Lovely card with lots of interest.

Hope you feel better soon and that it’s just a cold, not Covid xxx

Melanie Hungerford said...

Beautiful card, love all the details and the soft blue on the background. I know what you mean about being overwhelmed with lots of new stuff all at once, one of those good problems to have!
Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Pauline. I love the delicate background for your lovely snowdrop. Hope you'll soon be feeling better, there are a lot of nasty bugs around at the moment. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful card with your new goodies, so sweet and delicate! The snowdrops are just perfect for our challenge at We Love Stamping, thanks so much! Love that bow and the white splatters!

Anke said...

WOW Pauline your snowdrops card is so beautiful, love it.

Hugs
Anke

Linby said...

This is so pretty and delicate a beautiful design. Sorry you aren't too well, I hope you feel better soon.

coldwaters2 said...

This is beautiful Pauline I love the Snowdrop stamp and that amazing artistic background thank you for joining us at both Allsorts and We Love stamping
hugs
lolo x

Jenny L said...

Hi Pauline,
what a very wonderful card and a very brilliant design also.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Love this - that background is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your card is absolutely wonderful. I love all of the elements you used with your fantastic design. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

Your card is beautiful! Great colour and image choice.
Nice to see a DL card too.
Sorry to read that you are under the weather .. .. .. there are certainly a lot of germs floating around at the moment.
Many thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. My hubby is a hoarder too .. or should I say "my hubby used to be a hoarder" .. .. he is a changed man now and it is him telling me to let go of things! LOL!!!

Hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Pauline, sorry you haven't been feeling well. I absolutely love this card, Snowdrops are beautiful and the extra stamps you have used are a great background. Thanks for sharing at Try It On Tuesday. Hope you get better soon, hugs, Chrisx

Kellianne said...

I absolutely LOVE this card!! I love the style you used and the colors. So glad your hubby got you some Zigs! Those are my favorite. I hope you feel better soon from the cold you're fighting. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble :)

Mrs.B said...

Hope you're feeling better now Pauline. This is a lovely card and I love the image.
Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations,
Avril xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is such a striking card, a wonderful stamp and background. I love the colours too. I hope you're better by now? With both hats on, I'll say - Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

alice k. said...

I feel with you about new stash - it is delightful to order and pack out, but somewhat overwhelming when it is sitting on my desk and waiting to be used. You really did justice to that snowdrop stamp, your card is lovely. I have never seen it in our stores (and I love snowdrops, too). Stay well.