Wednesday 31 January 2024

Daisy Elegance


Hi everyone, I’m not sure where the last week has gone to since I last posted, but for some reason I don’t seem to have found any crafty time until yesterday. Today I’d like to share the result of that playtime, using another AALL & Create Tracy Evans stamp set I bought before Christmas in the sale. I still have several stamps from that little spree that haven’t seen ink yet, so for the moment I’m trying to resist Tracy’s new own brand stamps until I have at least used most of what I bought previously .. though I’m not sure how long that resolve will last! So many stamps, so little time!


Today’s card is C5 which is larger than I normally make, but that’s because the main stamp I used is HUGE! I started by cutting a piece of stamping card slightly smaller than C5 and stamped the main image. I then masked the bottles and flower heads, and created a smooshed background using Antique Linen and Old Paper Distress Oxides applied with acetate. I removed the masks and coloured the image with Zig watercolour brush pens, added some white Posca pen highlights to the petals, and highlighted the water in the vases with Spectrum Noir sparkle pen.  

I stamped the birds and nibs onto separate card, coloured with Zig pens, fussy cut and attached. I added some white Posca pen spatters and allowed to dry, then added the sentiment which was heat embossed in white onto black card. Finally I added some torn washi tape, matted the finished piece onto a black linen card stock border and C5 card blank, and added Glossy Accents to the flower centres and pen nibs.

Here’s an angled pic to show the sparkle and gloss.


Stamps: AALL & Create #266 Daisy Elegance, #908 Quill Ends, #533 Bring On the Sentiments;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Antique Linen, Old Paper); Versafine Clair (Nocturne); Kuretake Zig watercolour brush pens; Versamark; detail white embossing powder; Posca pen (white); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); Glossy Accents;
Other: AALL & Create washi tape #44 - Around.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #765 - Anything but Square
Beautiful Blossoms #13 - Anything Floral Goes
Crafty Addicts #9 - Anything Goes
Double Trouble #158 - Something, Anything, Everything - TOP 3
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #181 - Anything Goes (5th entry)
Path of Positivity #119 - Anything Goes Positive (2nd entry) - TOP PICK & DT DELIGHT
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Add Some Texture
Stamping Sensations (January) - Mood Board (2nd entry)
(I have chosen red flowers)


Triple B (January) - Birds, Blooms and/or Butterflies (3rd entry)
Try It On Tuesday - Add Some Text
We Love 2 Create #1 2024 - Anything Goes Using Media
Worldwide Crafters and Colorists #13 - Anything Goes (2nd entry) - RUNNER UP

So here we are at the end of January already … hopefully a few more weeks and we will start to see lighter evenings and spring flowers.Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

23 comments:

pinky said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Pauline! I think you deserve new stamps when you can work your magic like this!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations with your beautiful card!

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful Pauline, love the blossoms in that gorgeous red! I would really love to know which color of the Zig you used for that pretty red, I feel like all my reds are so light or pinkish but you probably got a bigger box of markers than what I have.

Unfortunately I missed out on this stamp set, didn't get it at first due to its large size but when I finally had decided I wanted to get it on another order, it had sold out! A US retailer still has a few so I might get it through them although at full price. But like you, I have soooo many stamp sets that I purchased and not had a chance yet to ink up so I am resisting the purchase at the moment.

ScrappyHorses said...

How beautiful and creative is this artsy card! Wonderful layers full of texture showing off the focal images! The sentiment is perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Chris said...

The stamps are stunning Pauline, love the design and the amazing pops of red against the subtle background colours.
xx

coldwaters2 said...

What a beautiful card Pauline it looks amazing and very professional a superb make
hugs
lorraine x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You've worked your magic with this large stamp Pauline, a stunning card. love your background and lovely red flowers.

brenda said...

A really lovely card as always Pauline.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and stamps,love the smooshed background and red flowers-Brilliant.
Carol x
THank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and Stamping Sensations.
Carol DT x

Alyson Mayo said...

So pretty -love the red flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Diane said...

Its a gorgeous card and stamp!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Pauline, the red flowers really pop against the shades of the inky background.
Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations and Try it on Tuesday.
Avril xx

Sarn said...

Super stamp from which you've made a gorgeous card. I like the addition of the little bird and nibs as an embellishment, and, as you know, I LOVE a bit of positivity! Great card xxx

Melanie Hungerford said...

That is lovely, those large stamps are challenging for me, you've given me some ideas and inspiration! Love the pops of red and the extra shine you added. Thanks for playing along with us at Double Trouble!

Mervi said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

Your card is amazing. I love it very much.

The smooshed background really adds to the final look.

Love Jules xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Pauline, I love this stamp set and you certainly have used it in the most wonderful way! The red for the flowers is a great choice - great idea to use glossy accents. Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love this style of stamping and have bought a few stamps similar; but haven't been brave enough to use them yet. Beautiful card, love all the techniques you used. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Beautiful Blossoms.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a fabulous stamp this is, a purchase which will definitely get used again and again I'm sure. I love the muted colours you have combined in your background which make those beautiful Daisies pop. A fabulous card and so pleased that you shared it at Allsorts this week too.
Lorraine

Gerrina said...

I don't mind your card is bigger; it is a beautiful one! I would put it in an Art Journal... Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is stunning, Pauline. Sometimes the products we use require us to largen our cards a bit. Nothing wrong with that. It turned out so beautifully using all those awesome stamps. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us. Please stop by again soon.
Karen

Linby said...

I'm not sure where the time has gone either, only thought I had missed a few days commenting lol! This is so beautiful, the colours, layout and all the little details are fab.

Carole J said...

A beautifully stamped card, Pauline and great water colouring. I love the 'chosen' washi tape words as well as your main sentiment. (Good luck in resisting Tracy's new, own brand stamps for a few more weeks - the struggle is real!
Many thanks for sharing your project at the Path of Positivity. x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Gorgeous stamped collage and card, Pauline!
Thank you so much for entering this beauty in our Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
XOX, Aimeslee DT