Saturday 6 January 2024

Heart's Quest Fantasy Challenge #1 2024 - Guest DT Spot


Hi everyone, following a recent challenge win I was delighted to be asked to be Guest Designer for January at the Heart's Quest Fantasy Challenge (formerly known as the Fairy & the Unicorn Challenge).



The theme is always 

*** Anything Fantasy Goes ***

with the optional focus of

Abominable Snowman/Yeti/Bigfoot/Sasquatch creature

I don't have any suitable supplies for the optional theme so I decided to stick with what I know and love ... a Lavinia fantasy scene, including some reflective elements.


I cut a 6.5" square of stamping card and created my background by blending Distress inks and using a circle mask for the moon. I created the horizon by blending Morning Mist Versafine Clair using the straight edge of an acetate hill mask, then created  the landscape using a Mini Hill mask and more blended ink. 

I stamped Luna the Tree Goddess in Nocturne VFC as the focus of the card, highlighted her with white gel pen and coloured her wings with Sakura Stardust pens. I then stamped trees in the foreground using Nocturne VFC, and fairy castles in the background using 2nd generation Morning Mist VFC.  I stamped all the reflections in Morning Mist including 3rd generation for the fairy castles ... and have to confess that due the use of masking for the landscape I didn't do true reflections this time as it was all a bit too fiddly - so please don't look too closely!! 

I stamped grass, foliage and lavender in the foreground, and hanging branches above to frame the scene, then highlighted the scene liberally with Sakura Stardust pen, Spectrum Noir sparkle pen and Wink of Stella. I found that colouring the castle windows above ground with Wink of Stella gave them a slightly warmer more "gold" look, whereas colouring the reflected windows with Spectrum Noir sparkle pen gave a cooler icy look.

Finally I matted the scene onto a border of black linen card stock and onto an 8" card blank, then added my stamped sentiment popped up onto foam tape for a bit of dimension. originally this was meant to be a 7" square card, but when I pulled said pack of cards out of the cupboard I discovered they only actually measure 6.5" square so my already matted scene was too big!  

Here's an angled picture to capture some of the sparkle.
 

Stamps: Lavinia Luna Tree Goddess, Spring Trees, Far World Castle, Small Trees, Vine Branch, Silhouette Grass, Silhouette Foliage Set, Lavender; Crafter's Companions Enchanted Dreams (sentiment);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress inks (Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist, Warm Breeze); Sakura Stardust pens (pink, turquoise, blue, clear); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); WInk of Stella; gel pen (white);
Tools: Lavinia acetate Hill Masks, Mini Hill Masks, Circle Masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Art Impressions #366 - Anything Goes


Aud Sentiments #309 - Make your Own Background and/or Birthday + a Sentiment
Colourful Options (January) - Blue Lagoon - TOP 3


Daisy Chain #81 - No Design Paper
Double D - Anything Birthday/Anniversary
Kraftin’ Kimmie Saturday Challenge #676 - Birthday and/or Sunrise/Sunset Colours


(version of card without sentiment)
Let's Craft and Create #203 - Anything Goes + Penny For Your Thoughts (use a sentiment) - TOP 3
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #181 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #629/630 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

I hope you will be able to join in with the challenge - please pop over to the Heart's Quest Fantasy Challenge blog to see the fab inspiration from the rest of the design team and to link up your entry.  Also a big thanks to Becca for inviting me to be Guest Designer this month.

Hope you'll all have a great weekend whatever you're doing. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

Sarn said...

Beautiful scenic card. I love Luna the Tree Goddess & must use her on a card soon!!! Not that I can create gorgeous scenes like this!!! Love your colour scheme too. Xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is stunning, Pauline! Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your win and GDT spot Pauline.Stunning card,love all the stamps and beautiful scene you created with the reflections.
Carol x

Linby said...

It certainly is magical. I love the colours you used and depth and sparkle you achieved.

Ellibelle said...

What a beauty you created here, the scene is simply amazing! Luna fairy was among my first Lavinia stamps, but I've only used her once I think. The castles in the background look amazing and add so much to this magical scene too! I only have one of the small castles so maybe I need to add this size. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Happy New Year!
A beautiful fairy card with those reflections executed perfectly, I love it.
Lorraine

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful creation Pauline that scene is amazing with the trees silhouetted in the water pure magic
hugs
lorraine x

Donna Phelan said...

Very creative! Great scene you have created, I especially love your mirror stamping--it's perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Blog, Birthday/Anniversary Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Laurie said...

Beautiful soft winter colors. The moon and the reflection in the water are so well done. Just beautiful! Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge.

Hansi Brittain said...

Wow! I saw this card on the Aud Sentiments Challenge blog and have to say you have taken the make your own background prompt to a whole new level. I love the softness and depth you created with the mist and reflections. The highlights on Luna give her more dimension then if left as just a silhouette.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Kanjer van een kaart. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Creative Knockouts
Great card Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts
Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

Vanaf heden geef ik workshops en verkoop ik mijn kaartjes via mijn FB groep
Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
Challenge blogs:
Girlz Creative Christmas 
Girlz makes Guyz Cards
Girlz creative crafts
Creative sketchy girls

Karen Day said...

I love your dreamy pastel background! Thanks for playing along with our Art Impressions monthly challenge, Pauline!