Sunday 21 January 2024

Frosty Pinecones


Hi everyone, today I would like to share a set of ATC’s I have made for Tracy Evans’ monthly FB ATC swap … this month the theme is “Winter Wonderland”. I hardly have any wintery stamps by Tracy but I do have her “Pinecone” set so I decided to give them a frosty and snowy look. I made 3 identical ATC’s for the swap plus one extra as I really liked how the design turned out .. here they are.


I took a large snippet of white stamping card and created a smooshed background with Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress Oxide ink, then cut the panel into 4 pieces each slightly smaller than a standard ATC. On each piece I stamped the pinecone and foliage using Pinecone and Rainforest Versafine Clair, using my stamping platform to enable me to stamp in 2 stages, one for each colour, wiping the ink off parts of the stamp where not required with a baby wipe… a bit fiddly but worth it! I then coloured it with Zig watercolour brush pens, highlighted the cone with white Posca pen, and both cone and leaves with a clear Sakura Stardust pen to give a frosty look. 

I added a little background stamping in grey, then stamped the word “Winter” in Twilight, coloured the “W” with my Stardust pen and added some snow to the letters with Posca pen. Finally I added some sparkle to the pinecone with Spectrum Noir sparkle pen and some Posca snow spatter, then matted onto dark blue linen card stock ATC’s cut from a couple of snippets in my stash.

Here’s a closeup of one of them…


… and an angled picture to show how extremely sparkly it is! 


Stamps: AALL & Create #389 Pinecone, #455 Seasons;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky); Versafine Clair (Pinecone, Rainforest, Morning Mist, Twilight); Kuretake Zig watercolour brush pens; Sakura Stardust pen (clear); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); Posca pen (white).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #764 - January Blues / Anything Goes
ATC’s Around the World #109 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Double D - Sparkle and/or Shine (2nd entry)
FarmQuest General Store #12 - Anything Farm or Country Goes
Four Seasons (January) - Winter (3rd entry)
Kraftin’ Kimmie’s Skrappy Challenge (January) Anything but a Card (2nd entry)
Outlawz (January) - Anything Goes in a Card Free Zone (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Sparkle and Shine (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #631/632 - Anything Goes  (3rd entry)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend... the weather is supposed to be wild later on today, so stay safe everyone! Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

20 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous ATCs love the pine cones and all the sparkle.
Carol x

Ellibelle said...

I find this stamp set so perfect for Christmas/Winter cards and love how this turned out! Beautiful sparkle! I too don't have many of her winter stamps but do have this set and the penguin sets, think those are also by Tracy Evans. So great to see you joining us at Allsorts and Four Seasons challenges!

Chris said...

Beautiful ATCs, love how you've 'frosted up ' the pine cones and your wonderful wintery background xx

Sarah said...

Oh my word, they are wonderful ATCs. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

Linby said...

These are really so wintry - very atmospheric. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Chrissy said...

Absolutely fabulous Pauline, gorgeous pinecones all frosty and snowy, love them..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarn said...

WOW - these are fabulous wintry ATCs. I love how you coloured them and added snowy details. Superb.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. We are all huddling like penguins up in the treehouse trying to stay out of the howling wind! We've a few hot toddies on the go with some stuff I smuggled in with my satchel! Come join us! xxx

Becca S said...

Pauline: these ATCs are terrific! I just love how these are colored and have a snowy, blizzard-y look to them. About what we've been experiencing for 2 weeks! :) Thanks for sharing at FQGS! Come back and make another delivery soon! You've got until February 5th! :) Becca

Leslie Miller said...

I love all the outdoors and especially anything woodsy. These are just wonderful. The touch of snow is beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at Double D!

Liz said...

Wonderful ATCs, Pauline. Great design and I love the touch of sparkle. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge today week.
Liz xx

Jules said...

Hi Pauline
Your ATCs are gorgeous .. .. so much work .. .. but the finished look makes them well worth all the effort!
The snow is the perfect finishing touch! Just beautiful!
Love Jules xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous ATCs Pauline, love the design and the pine cones look fab with all the snowy details
Lorraine x

Di said...

Wonderful ATCs Pauline - so realistic as well! Clever girl.

Hugs

Di xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are gorgeous! Fabulous ATC's Pauline.
Lorraine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These convey Winter beautifully Pauline, love the frosting and background, just gorgeous. I have missed a few posts, sorry I can't catch up, but I have appreciated your beautiful work with each of them.
Faith x

Jennifer said...

Your ATCs are gorgeous, Pauline. I have a real 'thing' about pinecones, and you have done these images justice...everything about your ATCs almost make me shiver with cold, even though here in eastern Australia we are experiencing a heat wave (40o C, today).

Jennifer. x

Conny said...

Wow... amazing ATCs! So wonderful!
Thanks for joining us at ATC Around The World!

Hugs,
Conny

Darlene said...

WOW! These are AWESOME! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D and Four Seasons challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

Love these ! Thank you for sharing with us at AG in a Card Free Zone Challenge on the Outlawz Challenges website.---Shirley