Wednesday 24 January 2024

January Blues


Hi everyone, today I’d like to show you the first card I have made with another stamp set and stencil from my recent Visible Image win - “Let It Snow” and “Frosty”.


I created a smooshed background with 2 colours of Distress Oxide ink, then stamped the centre snowflake and heat embossed in white. I then stencilled around the edges using blue DOX and added some dark blue stamped snowflakes. I added some Posca snow spatter and let it dry before matting onto a dark blue and then lilac border and onto a 6” card blank, then finally I stamped and heat embossed my word onto dark blue card stock, cut out and attached.

Stamps: Visible Image Let It Snow;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet); Versafine Clair (Medieval Blue); Versamark; detail white embossing powder; Posca pen (white);
Tools: Visible Image stencil - Frosty.

Challenges I would like to enter:

ABC Christmas - A is for Anything Christmas
Allsorts #764 - January Blues (2nd entry)
Festive Fridays (January) - Christmas (2nd entry) - TOP 3
The Holly and Ivy #155 - Anything Christmas Goes
Incy Wincy (January) - New (3rd entry)
Merry Little Christmas #54 - Anything Christmas Goes
Moving Along With the Times #162 - New Craft Item (3rd entry)
My Time to Craft #525 - Something New In Your Stash (2nd entry)
We Love Stamping (January) - Something New (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #631/632 - Anything Goes  (4th entry)

I’ve definitely made a better start with my Christmas cards this year … I think I’m taking advantage of the wintery mood caused by the weather!

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

20 comments:

Linby said...

You've achieved some great depth in your design. The weather certainly makes being in the winter mood for creating cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Liz said...

Super wintry card Pauline, great background for your fabulous big snowflake. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the January Blues option.
Liz xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is so beautiful and frosty. Gorgeous stamping Pauline.
Faith x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It's me again with my DT hat on. I do love your frosty card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Sarah said...

Oh WOW. Another stunning card. Thank you for choosing my January Blues theme this week at Allsorts. Sarah

Jenny L said...

Hi Pauline,
another fantastic inked and stamped design with your new craft items that you won.
Love the colours you have used.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge yet again.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

Chris said...

A beautiful background design for your fabulous embossed snowflake, gorgeous card.
xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love that big snowflake and the background you created is just a perfect match! Beautiful fonts of that sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

Sarn said...

Fab background and gorgeous snowflake focal point. A lovely Christmas card xxx

Anne Fenton said...

OMGosh your card is lovely!! Thanks for joining the Festive Friday challenge.

brenda said...

It's another C&P comment, still unable to type properly, but taken look at your card, thank you for sharing.

B x

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful snowflake card you created here, so pretty in blue and I so love the pastel lilac mat you used. So great to see you again at Allsorts challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous festive card Pauline love the stamps you have used and the colour a super make thank you for joining us at both Allsorts and We Love Stamping
hugs
lolo x

Jennifer said...

Another gorgeous card, Pauline. That centre snowflake is wonderful, and I particularly love the subtle use of Wilted Violet in the 'smooshed' background.

Thank you for your kind words about my beloved Cookie, and also your other comments for my previous posts. (I counted 4 comments in total, and there are definitely none in my spam folder, so if you have posted other comments, I can't imagine where they ate hiding...the internet can do some weird things at times.)

I agree Pauline, it seems such a long time since we used to chat regularly. I will always be grateful for all your assistance when I was a newbie to entering challenges. xx

HilaryJane said...

Great card and very wintry. Love the colours you used for the background. Well done for getting on with your Christmas cards and thanks for sharing this one with us at we love stamping. It is great to see you joining us for the third time. You are definitely on a roll xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Pretty card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Lynda said...

What a great card - the colours are lovely. The techniques really worked out. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, love the stencilled background, perfect with that stunning snowflake.
Avril xx

Helen said...

Beautiful, Pauline - love the snowflake stamp and stencil.

Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Helen said...

Gorgoeus card Pauline - love the icy blues!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x