Tuesday 16 January 2024

Celebrating with Snippets!


Hi everyone, this fortnight over at the Snippets Playground they are celebrating, as it is the 12th anniversary of Miss Di holding the keys to the playground and taking on the thankless task of keeping us all in order whilst prodding us to submit our homework rather than playing endlessly on the swings!! Of course her headmistress-ship is undermined  massively by her partner in crime craft Sarn who seems intent on encouraging the playmates to be as naughty as possible including dangerous playground games and out-of-hours consumption of illicit alcohol - what a minx! But I digress ... 

I was inspired by Sarn's fab projects to try some paper tearing and I knew straight away I had to turn to some old kraft Christmas papers, and as luck would have it I found a few snippets!  


I also love Christmas so thought I would start this year's celebrations early, especially as we have woken up to a covering of snow this morning... perhaps Sarn will find some eggnog left over from the treehouse Christmas party (who am I kidding?? I saw the state of  everyone staggering into the dawn light after that knees up!!)

Here's the result - my first Christmas card for 2024 (that's something to celebrate in itself!!).


I took a kraft card blank and tore a couple of strips of paper from my snippets, ensuring the edges were white. I stamped the adorable robin and coloured him with Zig watercolour pens (this is my first experiment using them on kraft card and I am delighted with the depth of colour I achieved). I stamped the robin banner onto a separate snippet of white card, then stamped the sentiment and added some white Posca snow. I added some Posca pen snow spatter and when dry attached the torn paper strips and robin banner directly to the card blank.

Stamps: AALL & Create #690 Robin and Nuthatch; Visible Image Grunge Poinsettia (sentiment);
Media: Kuretake Zig watercolour brush pens; Versafine Clair (Pinecone); Posca pen (white); Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen (clear);
Papers: LotV Krafty Christmas.

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like It - Favourite Paper Brand (and why) - TOP 3
(I always loved LotV papers as both the designs, co-ordination and quality were fabulous)
Four Seasons (January) - Winter (2nd entry)
The Holly and Ivy #154 - Anything Christmas Goes - TOP 5
Little Red Wagon #738 - Show Some Snow
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Cute Critters
Snippets Playground #471 - Celebration (and use snippets)
Triple B (January) - Birds, Blooms and Butterflies (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #629/630 - Anything Goes (4th entry)

So I'm off and running with my Christmas cards for 2024 ... time will tell how long this resolution will last!

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm, especially if like here you have got snowfall and treacherous road conditions. Take care, and thanks for visiting. 
hugs,

16 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love the gentle splatter of snowflakes for your cute little Robin and the snowflakes edges.. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarn said...

Hi Pauline!
I absolutely adore your lovely Robin Christmas card with the torn snippets at the edge. Congratulations on starting this year’s festive cards off.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground & for sharing a photo of your snippets too.
Illicit drinking games, high stakes gambling and dangerous games? Whatever do you mean (she said looking like butter wouldn’t melt!!!😂). Meet you up in the treehouse later for a sedate mug of hot chocolate. Sorry, what was that? You want BAILEYS added??? Honestly! 🍸 Xxxx

Sarn said...

How rude of me! I forgot to say thank you for the shout out! Glad you had a go at ripping your snippets!!! X

coldwaters2 said...

Pauline this is a cracker of a creation love the strips of papers and that Robin is ACE
hugs
lorraine x

Anne Fenton said...

Pauline, your card is beautiful, I love the design!!! Thank you for joining the Festive Friday challenge.

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh, Pauline....that bird is SO pretty and I love it against the kraft cardstock. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us at The Four Seasons Challenge. Please join us again soon.

Linby said...

Oh he looks wonderful on the kraft card and great torn edges and snow splatters too.

Mrs.B said...

The little Robin looks so sweet against the Kraft card and tearing the paper is a great way to use up all the scraps I have too.
Avril xx

Diane said...

Beautiful robin and such a creative way to use your scraps, we had 6 robins here the other day in all our snow and ice, we normally don't see them until mid March, poor things!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and Four Seasons!
Diane TB and FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Di said...

Wonderful card Pauline - I totally love the robin, set off by some precious LOTV torn strips of paper!

Hugs
Di xx

samantha's cards said...

This is a delightful Christmas card, thanks for joining us at THAIC.

cass said...

Gorgeous Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at The Outlawz, Festive Fridays

Lynne said...

A fabulous Christmas card and your torn papers look great! Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

Sarah said...

I have to agree with your favourite paper choice, and I still have some of this pad left myself!! Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us at AYLI. Sarah

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Four Seasons Challenge.

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper