Tuesday 1 August 2023

Anyone for Bubbles?


Hi everyone, today I would like to share a card I made yesterday for a friend's "special birthday".  This was actually a bit of a rush job, as I knew this friend (who I don't see very often) was having a birthday at the end of the week but I only discovered by chance on Sunday that it is a "special" one ... and that she will be away on holiday so I needed to get a card made and in the post yesterday! Even so, knowing the current woeful state of postal deliveries there is no guarantee that it will arrive before she goes, but at least the thought was there!

This gave the perfect excuse to break out the celebratory Visible Image stamp set "Anyone For Bubbles" that I selected as part of my winnings for the second anniversary VI ATC swap back in May, specifically to cater for occasions just such as this one!


I cut a 6.5" square of white stamping card, and stamped the champagne bottle in green then coloured the foil with watered down gold Posca pen and the label with Distress ink. I stamped the glass in grey and added the champagne using Distress Ink and coloured the glass with pale grey Distress Oxide. I then added stamped bubbles and spatters to the bottle and glass using 2nd generation grey stamping.  I stamped my main sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed in gold, then stencilled some "bubbles" here and there using Versamark and heat embossed with holographic embossing powder. I added die cut gold numbers and a further small sentiment in black, then added lots of sparkle by painting over the bottle and champagne in the glass with Spectrum  Noir sparkle pen, and applying holographic glitter to the spatters and bubbles using a Quickie glue pen. Finally I edged the panel with gold Posca pen and matted onto dark green card stock and a 7" square card blank. 

Here's a picture to capture the sparkle.


As this was a "special" card I also stamped on the envelope and inside the card.



Stamps: Visible Image Anyone For Bubbles, Birthday Wishes (inside card); Uniko Birthday Sentiments (gold embossed on card front);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress inks (Antique Linen, Tea Dye); Distress Oxide ink (Lost Shadow); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Rainforest, Morning Mist); Versamark; embossing powder (gold, holographic); Posca pen (metallic gold); Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen (clear); holographic glitter;
Tools: Provocraft "Hippie Chick" dies (numbers); stencil - Craft Sensations at the Range.

Challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Birthday #52 - Anything Birthday Goes
Crafty Addicts #3 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Creative Moments #247 - Let it Shine (2nd entry)
Inkspirational #295 - Use Stencils
Love to Craft #75 - Anything Goes
Moving Along With the Times #157 - Embossing Wet or Dry
NBUS #53 - Use Your Never Before Used Schtuff
(mine is the champagne related stamps)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #605/606 - Anything Goes (5th entry)

I may do a bit more crafting this afternoon, as the weather is just so dismal it does not encourage getting out and about! Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

Marlena M. said...

I love this image; fabulous use of the stencils! Beautiful coloring too; they will love it! Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

Sarn said...

The perfect card full of fizz for your friend's special birthday. Hope it reaches her in time. xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and perfect image love the embossed bubble and sentiment
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
Carol DT x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous celebration card and matching envelope, hope your friend has a lovely day!
Lorraine

Ellibelle said...

How fabulous and so perfect for the occasion! Love it and I am sure your friend will too!

Darlene said...

WOW! What a fabulous card and that stencil worked perfectly! Love the concept ... just perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm sure she will love her card and the fact that you made it especially for her special day. A super card Pauline.

You asked about embossing a die? I looked it up on the web, I thought it's easier than explaining? Here is the link https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=embossing+with+a+die

Hope you enjoy the easy process.
Faith x

Wendy L said...

A beautiful card and thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Linby said...

I love bubbles and this is the perfect card for the occasion. Looks wonderful.

Darnell said...

Pauline, this is sensational for a special birthday and your friend will cherish it forever! I have a feeling it's going to be on display until at least her 61st birthday! The schparkle is incredible and now I'm thirsty! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Stunning make - Thanks for sharing over at AAA Birthday this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT

KraftiKards (my blog)
613 Avenue Create DT
AAA Birthday DT
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT
Love to Scrap DT
Love to Craft DT
Mix it up DT
Merry Little Christmas DT

Furrbster said...

Brilliant card and I love your sparkle and shine,

Tanks for playing along at both Creative Moments and MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

R's Rue said...

So cute.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Helen said...

It's certainly time to celebrate Pauline! What a great card!! I just love everything about this one!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Love the Craft Challenge. Have a good weekend! :)

Helen said...

Fabulous card, Pauline and I'm sure your friend loved it.

Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

Helen x
DT