Monday 14 August 2023

Grown With Love


Hi everyone, today's make is a set of 3 ATC's I made whilst playing with my new AALL & Create stamps. I love making ATC's but haven't been very active recently, and I thought the scale of these particular stamps would be just right for such a small area.


I cut a piece of stamping card and created a smooshed background by dragging the card through some blue and violet Elements inks that I had dabbed on my craft mat and spritzed with water. When dry I cut it into 3 pieces each 3.25" x 2.25", stamped the focal flowers in dark blue ink, and added some background circles and numbers. I added some stencilling with Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil and Brilliance Moonlight White pearlescent ink, then highlighted the flowers with white gel pen and silver heart gems. I stamped a sentiment in purple onto separate card, cut out, edged in dark blue and attached, then matted the finished panels onto indigo linen card stock, each piece 3.52 x 2.5". 

Here is a closeup of each ATC.

1/3
2/3
3/3

Stamps: AALL & Create #987 Periwinkle (ATC 1), #985 Flower Smudge (ATC 2), #986 The Good (ATC 3 flower and sentiment on all); #531 Textured Florals;
Media: Lavinia Elements Inks (Della Blue, Violet Chalk); Versafine Clair (Medieval Blue, Monarch); Brilliance pearlescent ink (Moonlight White); gel pen (white);
Tools: Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil;
Other: silver heart gems form my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafting From the Heart #4 - Anything Goes (no cards) (2nd entry)
Crafting Happiness #145 - Anything Goes
Dream Valley #299 - Add Gems and/or Pearls
My Time To Craft # 514 - Stencilling - TOP 3
Paper a la Mode (August) - Anything Goes with option Seriously Art Inspired (no cards) (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Use your Favourite technique
(All the "S's" - silhouette stamping, smooshing and stencilling)
Time Out #244 - Monochromatic  (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #607/608 - Anything Goes (5th entry)

I would also like to share a photo of an idyllic English country scene which I took on a visit to Clumber Park near Worksop yesterday. I had never been there before, but myself, Graham and 2 friends had a lovely day out there. It was just so picturesque with a stunning lake and incredible displays of flowers and fruit in the walled gardens. I don’t think I have ever seen so many swans together … at one point I could count 28 floating on the lake! 

Thanks very much for visiting my blog today. Until next time, take care.
Hugs,

9 comments:

Sarn said...

WOW - each of these little ATCs is a work of art. Love your backgrounds and the flowers really appeal to me. Tracy excelled herself when she designed these flower stamps! Xxx

ScrappyHorses said...

Gorgeous ATC's! It always amazes me how much art you can pack into such a small space! Beautiful textures, colors and gems! So happy you shared with us at Paper à la Mode! ~Katrina

Wendy L said...

They look fab, thanks for joining in at MTTC. Xxx

Diane said...

Beautifully designed cards and a peaceful scene with all the swans, I have never seen more then 2 at a time together!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful ATCs, Pauline. Love the background. Thank you so much for playing with us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

Gina said...

Such beautiful ATC's.You can both see and feel the love they are made with <3
AND I recognised that scene immediately!!! I've been "playing" in that park since I was a baby. actually swam in the lake and rode the ferry raft when we were still allowed to. Many happy memories :D Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting From the Heart XXX

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You really are incredible with your ATC's Pauline, I love each and every little piece of art.
Faith x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your monochromatic cards are beautiful. Thanks for poaying with us at Time Out. Just a note for future reference, our challenge rules limit challenge linking to 5 including ours. Hope to see you in our gallery in the future.

corysnana said...

Love the colors and the the way you have created these mixed-media cards, Pauline. Thanks for playing along with our August Polka Dots and/or Stripes Challenge over on the Let's Craft & Create Blog! Cathy DT -LC&C Blog