Thursday 10 August 2023

Periwinkle


Hi everyone, here I am again with another make inspired by Simon Says (Monday)'s current 13th birthday challenge - another birthday card where I have chosen once again to play with another of my new A&C stamps... I'm on a bit of a roll with these at the moment!


This was a pretty simple card, though I did have 2 or 3 attempts at the background before I was happy!! I cut a square of stamping card and dragged three colours of Distress oxide over the centre of the card and spritzed with water. I stamped various A&C silhouette stamps including my new periwinkle and my recent Heart Grunge set which I hadn't actually inked until now; then stamped a co-ordinating grungy birthday sentiment by Visible Image. I simply matted the finished panel onto black and pink card stock and my card blank, and finished with some white Posca spatters and gel pen highlights on the flowers..

Stamps: AALL & Create #987 Periwinkle, #453 Heart Grunge; Visible Image Birthday Wishes (sentiment);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Picked Raspberry, Kitsch Flamingo, Spiced Marmalade); Versafine (black); Posca pen (white); gel pen (white).

Challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Birthday #52 - Anything Birthday Goes (2nd entry)
Beautiful Blossoms #7 - Anything Floral Goes (6th entry)
Classic Design Challenge #8 2023 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Crafty Calendar (August) - Anything Goes  (2nd entry)
Creative Fingers #259 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Love to Craft #75 - Anything Goes - TOP PICK
Pammie’s Inky Pinkies #2331Anything Goes - HONOURABLE MENTION
Simon Says (Monday) - Happy Birthday (2nd entry) - DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT
Word Art Wednesday #607/608 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

Linby said...

This is a great way to use the stamps with that fab background. I bet the ones you discarded were great too lol!

Sarn said...

Oh, this is a gorgeous card Pauline. Love the colours and stamping xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and stamps,love the inky background
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A fabulous mix of colours Pauline, with the wonderful stamps too, they make a card with lovely impact.
Faith x

Chris said...

A fabulous card, lovely combination of colours and beautiful stamps. Thank you for joining in at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
x

StampinwithAnita said...

I love your card, especially the background which set off the stamps perfectly! Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!

Donna Walls said...

I love AALL & Create stamps and have been hooked on Tracy Evans videos lately. This is a gorgeous card, Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll play again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Pauline :-) I just saw this on the Monday challenge and had to pop by for a closer look! What a stunner!! I have popped this Periwinkle stamp in my basket! :-)

Hope you have a great week
luv
Lols x x x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Beautifully done - Thanks for sharing over at AAA Birthday this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT

KraftiKards (my blog)
613 Avenue Create DT
AAA Birthday DT
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT
Love to Scrap DT
Love to Craft DT
Mix it up DT
Merry Little Christmas DT

Lynda said...

What a great technique to create such a gorgeous background - love the colours. Those stamps are really highlighted. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers atg birthday challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

foleysfriend said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I love how your inky background looks and how great the stamped images look against it. The contrast between the black and the multi-colors is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

sue n.

Helen said...

Another great design - love that background colours.

Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

Helen x
DT