Tuesday 22 August 2023

Keeping It Simple


Hi everyone, I'm feeling a bit summery again today due to the sunny weather so I felt like making a card in summery colours. I also wanted to play with my newish Elements inks, and to try them out more with my gel press. I only have the one gel press which is a 6" square and which tbh I have never really got on with very well - I bought this size with the idea that I could cut prints down to form different shapes and sizes, and I saw this done very effectively by Avril on a lovely card here, so I thought I would try a similar technique.


I brayered Mermaid Lagoon and  Sundance Elements inks onto my gel press, spattered with water, and took a print. I then die cut a stitched circle from the print, and layered onto a die cut stitched square. I stamped the Wild Summer Flowers in blue, Field Grass in green, and some birds flying away, then coloured the flower heads with blue Sakura Stardust pen. I stamped a sentiment in the corner and matted the finished piece onto royal blue card stock and a 6" square card blank.  Here's an angled picture to show the sparkly flower heads.


Stamps: Lavinia Wild Summer Flowers, Field Grass, Birds; Crafter's Companion Sentiment - Sharing Positivity;
Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Mermaid Lagoon, Sundance); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Shady Lane); Versafine (Majestic Blue); Sakura Stardust pen (blue);
Tools: Hunkydory Moonstone dies - Duo-Stitched Circles and Duo-Stitched Squares. 

Challenges I would like to enter:

Beautiful Blossoms #8 - Anything Floral Goes (2nd entry)
Creative Knockouts #501 - Anything Goes
Krafty Chicks #677 - CAS - TOP PICK
Path of Positivity #114 - Anything Goes Positive (2nd entry) - TOP PICK and DT DELIGHT
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Clean and Simple
Simply Clean and Simple (August) - Anything CAS Goes with option Outdoors
Stamping Sensations (August) - Summer Mood Board (2nd entry)
(summery yellow and blue colours, blue flowers)
Try It On Tuesday - Let's Go Outside
Word Art Wednesday #609/610 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

I've had a new craft storage tower delivered today, as I have decided I need to get a grip of my crafty stash which is currently spread around the house and to try to consolidate all frequently used items into the corner of the dining room near to the table where I craft. There's going to be some fun sorting through my stash - I might even discover some items I had forgotten I'd got!!

Until next time - take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

13 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and background you created Pauline,love wild flower stamps
carol x
THank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Pauline, this really is a beautiful card. The gelli print really does make a great base for your beautiful grasses and birds. Thank you for sharing at Try It On Tuesday, hugs, Chrisx

Sarn said...

Stunning card. Great ink blending and stamping.
Lovely flowers too. Looks like you’re getting on fine with the gelli plate xxx

wienerhoneymooners said...

So lovely!!! Love the technique and simple elegance of this gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining the Krafty Chicks Challenge this week for the CAS cards!
-HUGS
-Kimberly (Guesting for the Krafty Chicks)

brenda said...

Very summery indeed Pauline, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B z

Linby said...

Beautifully done, such lovely colours. I like how you stamped over the edge of the circle too.

Chris said...

This is beautiful Pauline, a lovely design, fabulous stamps and stamping- I'm definitely getting summer vibes! Thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month.
Chris
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a Summery feel on this card, just as you intended, it's beautiful.
Faith x

ScrappyHorses said...

So beautiful with the birds and foliage extending off the circle! Lovely background and the colors are so peaceful! This is sure to bring positivity! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Darlene said...

Absolutely awesome creation Pauline! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous background and lovely card design! Thanks for playing along at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we appreciate the support.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Mrs.B said...

Hi Pauline, just catching up, gorgeous card and I love the stamps you've used. The stitching on the circle die cut adds a great feature. Thanks for the shout out.
Avril xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love the calming ink colors and design.
Thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
Aimeslee DT