Saturday 12 August 2023

Flower Smudge - Take 2!


Hi everyone, today I would like to share another birthday card made with AALL & Create “Flower Smudge”, the stamp set I was having trouble with earlier in the week. Following those problems I posted a question on Tracy Evans‘ A&C FB page, and was quite shocked and overwhelmed when the lovely Tracy made a little video of tips for stamping with her large silhouette stamps … especially for me!! 🥰 Most of the things she said I do already but there were definitely a couple of tips that I hadn’t thought of, so a couple of things for me to try. 

That being the case, while I was waiting for my nice new juicy black Versafine Clair ink pad to arrive, I thought I’d have another go, this time using Sepia coloured ink. I chose cream coloured card to do ordinate and started out thinking I would make a vintage tones card .. but I then got sidetracked down other avenues - here’s the result.


I stamped two of the Flower Smudge stamps in sepia onto cream card and coloured the flowers with yellow and fuchsia pink Inktense pencils. I cut a third panel and stamped with the leaf part of the wellies stamp from The Great Outdoors set, then stamped a sentiment in fuchsia pink (I don’t actually have any specific birthday sentiments by A&C so I used the closest I could).
. I also stamped a bit of background stamping and random pink words onto the other 2 panels. I then edged each panel with blended Distress Oxide, and matted onto a die cut triptych card.

Stamps: AALL & Create #985 Flower Smudge, #370 The Great Outdoors, #531 Textured Florals #533 Bring On the Sentiments;
Media:  Versafine (Vintage Sepia);  Versafine Clair (Charming Pink); Inktense Pencils; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Vintage Photo);
Tools: Studio Light Essentials Triptych die set.

Challenges I would like to enter: 

Ally’s Angels #73 - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments #304 - Not a Rectangle
Creatalicious #264 - Anything Goes with option Different Card Fold Technique
Double D - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers: Dies (August) - Anything Goes with Dies
Love to Craft #75 - Anything Goes (4th entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Happy Birthday (3rd entry)
Triple B (August) - Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms
Word Art Wednesday #607/608 - Anything Goes (4th entry)

I definitely got on better stamping the large silhouette stamps with a juicier ink pad though it’s still not easy … my new black VFC has now arrived so my next step will be to try again stamping in black on top of an inked background … watch this space!!

Until then, take care and thanks for visiting. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Hugs,

11 comments:

Darlene said...

What a fun & fabulous creation Pauline! Love the shape & style! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D & Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Linby said...

Love the yellow against the sepia and of course this fab shaped card. I find the NFC's don't tend to last very long, I'm thinking of getting a new one and it must only be 6months since the last one. I've started putting the year on them they are going so fast.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Love this triptych style card and the colours are gorgeous.
Lorraine

crafty-stamper said...

Love the triptych card and colours
Carol x

Barbara said...

This is a wonderful idea for a tripod card. Can be displayed just wonderfully. Thank you for joining us at Double D Challenge hope to see you again.

Sarn said...

Fab card. I have that stamp set coming to me for Christmas and after your troubles with it, I’m a bit worried about it!!! Such s pretty stamp set though! X

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Good on you getting help, which I'm sure will help others too. A lovely triptych card.
Faith x

brenda said...

I think you cracked the best way to use these images Pauline, works really well on the smaller tri-fold shape.

B x

Mrs.B said...

Love the colour combo here Pauline and the stamp works so well with this tri-fold card.
Avril xx

Linda said...

What a pretty tri-fold card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Ashwini Rao said...

I love the shape of this trifold card. And the distressed look suits it so much. Great job on this one! Thank you so much for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge!