Tuesday 8 August 2023

Flower Smudge


Hi everyone, today I would like to share my first make with my new AALL & Create “Flower Smudge” stamps that I received yesterday and used along with another recent purchase I hadn’t got round to using yet, and a couple of older sets. Rather fortuitously, Simon Says (Monday) challenge us celebrating its 13th birthday this week with a bumper prize on offer, and is showcasing AALL & Create products which it would like to see on entries if possible, so that fell in quite nicely.


This card is nothing like my original vision, as I have to be honest and say I had terrible trouble getting a decent stamped image with this set. I tried all the things people suggest, wiping the stamps to remove any manufacturer’s residue, using my stamping platform and leaving the inked stamp to soak into the paper, and I even created my background with dye inks rather than Distress Oxides to help the ink soak in … but I failed totally to get a good image when stamping on top of an inked background. Eventually I tried inking straight onto card and that was a bit better though I still had to stamp over it 2 or 3 times!! I’ll be playing some more with different inkpads and see how I get on! 

I stamped my main image in pink onto a 6” x 4” piece of stamping card, then stamped round the edges in 2nd generation grey. I stamped the tag onto separate card, overstamped the flowers in pink, then fussy cut out, punched a hole and threaded with organza ribbon. I matted the main panel onto black linen card stock then onto a 7” x 5” card base, then attached my tag and a sentiment that I had stamped separately. 

Stamps: AALL & Create #985 Flower Smudge, #984 Tag O Tag, #986 The Good, #383 Scripted Hexagons; Visible Image Birthday Wishes (sentiment);
Media: Versafine Clair (Charming Pink, Nocturne, Morning Mist).

Challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Birthday #52 - Anything Birthday Goes
Allsorts #739/740 - Anything But Square
As You Like It - Favourite Florals or Gingham (and why)
(I love both, but I never tire of floral images and the many different ways you can use them)
Beautiful Blossoms #7 - Anything Floral Goes with optional Mood Board (4th entry)
(I was inspired by the bright pink colour and by pink flowers)

Creations In Pink #60 - Anything Goes in Mainly Pink
Creative Fingers #259 - Anything Goes
Simon Says (Monday) - Happy Birthday
Time Out #244 - Monochromatic

That’s all for today, but I hope to be back soon with some more A & C creations. Until then, take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,


16 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely colour for this birthday card, beautiful stamping and design as always. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.
Lorraine

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the colour-Brenda had trouble with this stamp too
Carol x

Dena J said...

A fantastic card with a tag. Your persistence with the inks was rewarded. I find some inks don't do as well with brand new stamps, too. Love the color choices you made. Thank you so much for sharing at the Allsorts challenge.

Mrs.B said...

I love the colours you've used here Pauline and I think they work well with your subtle background, but I can imagine getting a good impression might be difficult. Hope you find an ink pad that works well.
Avril xx

brenda said...

Interesting reading Pauline, similar issues as well but you probably did the right thing stamping onto the card first. Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts current challenge.

B x

Cardsbymaaike said...

The card turned out great, Solid stamps are hard to get right, esp such big ones, but you did it!. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges.

Sarn said...

Yikes! Sounds like I’m going to have trouble with that set when Santa gives it to me! I love how your card turned out and it was worth persevering with xxx

Linby said...

An effective design and love the colour.

Ellibelle said...

Despite the troubles with stamping, the card turned out really beautiful and loving your color scheme!
Thanks so much for sharing again at Allsorts challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your card ended up beautiful, Pauline, with the problem stamp. I can never get a good image with a solid stamp. You did good!
Faith x

Brenda said...

Despite your challenges, you have created a lovely card/tag set. I love the bold color. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great stamping save! Thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
XOX, Aimeslee

StampinwithAnita said...

Well despite your challenges, your card came out beautifully! Well designed and a gorgeous color! Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous stamped image (despite the trouble) and a lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll play again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Gerrina said...

I love that colour! And a beautiful card! Sorry to read that you had so much troubles by making this one, but the result is super! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Катерина Pioniya said...

Beautiful card! I love stamping so much!
Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge - Pioniya, DT