Wednesday 26 July 2023

Create With Passion(flower)


Hi everyone, I recently managed to acquire the much sought-after (by Tracy Evans fans) AALL & Create stamp set "The Great Outdoors" - a.k.a. the wellington boots - but hadn't really had any chance to play with it until this week. Also I needed some silicone glue for dimensional crafting, and had identified that Lavinia sell some so I picked up a tube when I visited the shop a couple of weeks ago.

This card is a bit of a mash up of various techniques and ideas from Tracy's videos, with adjustments to cater to the stamps I have in my stash. I don't really have many of Tracy's floral stamps which are suitable to place inside the wellies, but I remembered I have the Passion Flower set which I won quite a long time ago but have never used ... so now was the time!


I cut a piece of stamping card slightly smaller than a 7" x 5" card blank, and stamped the large leaf background in shades of green Versafine Clair towards the left of the card. I then extended the background with some more stamping in green and grey. I stamped the wellies onto separate card, coloured with watered down green Distress Oxides then fussy cut out and stamped some random text onto them in grey. I stamped the Passion Flower, coloured with Inktense pencils then fussy cut various portions to form three separate flower stems. I attached the wellies to the background with silicone dimensional glue then added the flower stems and two butterflies which I had stamped, coloured with Inktense pencils and sparkle pen, and fussy cut out. I stamped my sentiment onto separate card, cut out, edged and attached - I thought this was particularly appropriate given that I had used passionflowers 🥰. Lastly I ripped and attached a piece of washi tape to the top right corner, added some white Posca spatters, then matted the finished panel onto black card stock and a card blank. This is definitely a “more is more” creation! 🥰

Stamps: AALL & Create #449 Through the Meadows (background leaf), #370 The Great Outdoors (wellingtons), #278 Passion Flower, #909 Garden Notes (art background text), #304 Heartfelt (grey background stamping), #906 Art notes (stamping on wellingtons), #753 Delight In Flora (butterflies), #533 Bring on the Sentiments;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Bundled Sage, Iced Spruce); Derwent Inktense pencils; Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist, Verdant, Shady Lane); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); Posca pen (white);
Other: AALL & Create washi tape #44 - Around.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Ally’s Angels #72 - Anything Goes - WINNER
Beautiful Blossoms #7 - Anything Floral Goes (3rd entry)
Butterfly Challenge #185 - Butterfly plus Flowers (2nd entry)
Let’s Craft and Create #197 - Anything Goes with option Add Flowers (3rd entry)
Paper Dragonfly #19 - Nature - TOP 3
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations (July) - Summer Flowers (3rd entry)
Triple B (July) - Blooms, Birds and/or Butterflies (2nd entry)
We Love 2 Create #6 - Anything Mixed Media Goes (3rd entry)
We Love Stamping (July) - Fabulous Florals (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #605/606 - Anything Goes (4th entry)

I'm actually quite thrilled with how this card turned out - it was very time consuming and fiddly but in my mind was worth the effort. I will also be entering it into Tracy Evans' current FB challenge "heartfelt" as there is no specification as to the size of the heart(s) that must be included, and you can just about make out the teeny hearts on this one if you look closely!

 Until next time, take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

16 comments:

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge! Val DT
https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

Linby said...

A beautiful montage with the splashes of colour. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A stunning card, love so much all the composition of stamps! Lovely colours too!
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

Chris said...

The background is beautiful, loads of interest without swamping the wellies, the splashes of bright colours on the fussy cut flowers really draw the eye- in all a fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Chris
x

Sarn said...

A fantastic card in green with the extra flashes of contrasting colour. Love those Wellingtons and the fab background you created. Spotted the hearts! X

brenda said...

Great use of colour, the wellies are a fav of mine as well, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

corysnana said...

I am in love with your card, Pauline! I love all of the details you have used in your card composition. Your choice of flowers is so perfect! Love the colors and their look! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Let's Craft & Create this month. It's a great addition to our optional "Add Flowers" theme! Cathy LC&C DT

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely colours and mixture of stamps int his design Pauline.
Lorraine

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and stamps love the collage effect and the wellies.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO beautifully put together Pauline, I love the images, the colours the little things that make this card stunning.
Faith x

HilaryJane said...

What a stunning card. You should be very pleased with it. Lovely to see it in the we love stamping gallery this month too xx

Donna Walls said...

Lucky you having snagged this awesome set, I've been watching for it as it's sold out everywhere. Great card and so inspiring. Thanks for playing along at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Mrs.B said...

Another fabulous card, love the pop[ of colour from the Passion flowers against the green background.
Thanks again for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Pauline, love teh stamping and fab pop of colour from the pretty flowers
Lorraine x

Ellibelle said...

Another stunning card Pauline, so beautifully made and loving the color scheme! I can see why this set is so popular! Glad you were able to find it!

Mrs A. said...

Striking card. Just for once I actually do have the stamps you have used. (Doesn't mean I use them just that I have them! I am a bad hoarder). Thankyou for coming and playing again in the butterfly garden. hugs Mrs A.