Monday 3 July 2023

Summertime Blues


Hi everyone, today I would like to share the outcome of a little inky playtime I had.  At the moment I am keen to explore some different colouring media, as I spent the last couple of years collecting Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks which I love but am finding to be less suitable for some techniques.  I have been wondering whether to increase my meagre collection of Distress Inks or whether to get some vibrant Lavinia Elements inks, so when I visited the Lavinia shop I bought a couple of Elements to try out. Sadly I have hardly used them as I didn’t want to mix die and pigment inks on my blending brushes, but I have recently bought an additional set of brushes so I thought I would have a play … here’s the result.


I cut a 6” square of stamping card and used a large circle mask to blend a background with Elements inks, which I spattered with water droplets. I then created and used a paper mask of the same size circle to stamp a summer meadow scene using various Lavinia stamps and a mixture of first/second generation stamping in different shades of Versafine Clair. I highlighted the flower heads and butterfly with Sakura Stardust pens and a white gel pen, and die cut my panel using a stitched square die, then blended some more Elements around the edges. I stamped a sentiment in blue and added a sparkly blue die cut flower and foliage before matting the panel directly onto my card blank.

Here is an angled pic to show (not very successfully) the sparkle.


Stamps: Lavinia Wild Summer Flower, Group Poppies, Dandelions, Field Grass, Fairy Bugs, Bird Collection; Visible Image Birthday Wishes;
Media: Lavinia Elements Inks (Della Blue, Bermuda); Versafine Clair (Twilight, Medieval Blue, Warm Breeze, Shady Lane, Nocturne); Sakura Stardust pens (blue, turquoise, clear); gel pen (white);
Tools: Hunkydory Moonstone Duo-Stitched Square dies, unbranded flower and foliage dies (Amazon); Press to Impress circle stencil.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #735 - Anything Goes with option Summertime
Beautiful Blossoms #6 - Anything Floral Goes (4th entry)
Dream Valley #297 - Use Dies or Punches - WINNER
Kraftin’ Kimmie July Saturday Challenge #670 - Ribbon/twine, Summer and/or Blue
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Stamping Sensations (July) - Anything Goes with option Summer Flowers
Try It OnTuesday - Summer Blooms (2nd entry)
We Love Stamping (July)Anything Goes with option Fabulous Florals
Word Art Wednesday #601/602 - Anything Goes (4th entry)

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

26 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

This is a lovely garden scene Pauline.I really like how you used the circle in the middle with the blue and the pretty flowers. Thanks for sharing this with us at Try It on Tuesday. hugs-Erika

Diane said...

Beautifully created scene with the pretty inks!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
Diane BB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful card you created here, Pauline. Wonderful summer flowers and the inks look really nice! There are so many ink options out there, aren't there!!

Ellibelle said...

Forgot to say, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another stunning card Pauline. I love the blues and the sparkle.
Faith x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely blended background and summer floral stamps Pauline to create this wonderful scene. Just splendid!
Lorraine

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous monochrome card,love all the stamps and sparkle
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

Liz said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Pauline. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

brenda said...

Very pretty in the tone on tone colours Pauline. Interesting reading you used Elements, I did dabble with buying some but heard mixed reports so stuck with what I know.

Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Pauline just popping back to say---Thank you for joining us at TIOT
Carol GDT x

Heather said...

So lovely, Pauline, love your blended design and all the gorgeous stems! This really speaks to me, and your little white gel pen details are perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Sarn said...

WOW - that's a beauty. Love the circular scene. Very pretty xxx

Mrs.B said...

A gorgeous card Pauline, love the little meadow scene, which looks beautiful with the different shades of blue stamping.
I've been a very absent blogger lately, so off for a little catch up.
Avril x

Darlene said...

Oh Pauline, this is absolutely awesome! What a beautiful scene! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
BB DT
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

pinky said...

Oh wow Pauline that is one gorgeous card!!!

Sarah said...

What a stunning inky summer scene this is. Thank you for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week. Sarah DT

Jackie Beers said...

This is so pretty! I love the masked ink and all of the beautiful details. Thank you for joining our Make My Monday Challenge.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Pauline - love your exquisite stamped flowers of he stunning background you created. Thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping this month and using the theme
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

Viv said...

Lovely blended background and a really pretty garden scene. Thanks so much for sharing with us at TIOT!

Linby said...

So beautiful in the shades of blue. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

Meggymay said...

A beautiful floral summer scene. Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Gerrina said...

Just beautiful! Love the way you placed all in and outside the circle; such a great balanced card! Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations!

Anke said...

So beautiful Pauline ...

jj said...

Beautiful card! Thank you sharing at Make My Monday.
Hugs xx

pinky said...

Back with my design team hat on Pauline!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky