Sunday 23 July 2023

Forest Flower


Hi everyone, today I would like to share the first card I made with a stamp from the latest Lavinia release which I bought on my recent visit to the shop … I absolutely love this mystical forest flower - it is one of my new favourites so I am entering this card into the monthly Lavinia Creative Challenge. I have also bought one of the new owl stamps, but I’m working up to that one while I decide what medium I will use to colour it!! 

The general look of this card was inspired by a card and tags I saw made by a lady in the Lavinia fans FB group, though as usual I changed it up a bit with different colouring of the flowers, different foliage and the addition of white orbs and green sparkle!


I created my background by blending 2 colours of Elements inks onto a square of stamping card, spritzing with water and dabbing with paper towel. I stamped the Forest Flowers and coloured them with Inktense pencils, then highlighted with Spectrum Noir sparkle pen and white gel pen.  I masked a couple of the flowers and added some second generation background text stamping, then stamped some foliage in 2 shades of green. I added some light orbs using a Lavinia stencil and blending Brilliance white ink plus a dot of Posca pen. I finished with some white Posca dots rising from the flowers plus dots of green Stickles glitter, then edged with black and matted onto a 6” square card blank. I’ve left it without a sentiment for now as I quite like it as it is!

This card is incredibly sparkly when the sunlight catches it, but very difficult to photograph - here is an angled picture to show a bit of the sparkle.


Stamps: Lavinia Forest Flower, Leaf Creeper, Faerie Spells;
 Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Violet Chalk, Lime Punch); Derwent Inktense Pencils; Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist, Verdant, Shady Lane); Brilliance pigment ink (Moonlight white); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); Posca pen (white); gel pen (white); Stickles (green);
Tools: Lavinia White Orbs stencil.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Beautiful Blossoms #7 - Anything Floral Goes (2nd entry)
Crafts Galore Encore #113 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Creatalicious #263 - Anything Goes with option Bokeh Technique - TOP 3
Creative Crafters #66Anything Goes
Creative Moments #247 - Let It Shine (2nd entry)
Lavinia Creative Challenge (July)Favourite Lavinia Stamp (4th entry)
Let’s Craft and Create #197 - Anything Goes with option Add Flowers (2nd entry)
NBUS #52Use your Never Before Used Schtuff
Pammie’s Inky Pinkies #2328 - Anything Goes (2nd entry) - WINNER
Word Art Wednesday #605/606Anything Goes (3rd entry)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend … take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

Diane said...

Your forest flowers are beautiful!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
Diane BB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}

Donna Walls said...

Very magical scene with those unique Forest Flowers. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We look forward to more from you soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Darnell said...

You know I love schparkle, Pauline, so this card is pleasing on every level! I love the composition and the colors and how you added the dreamy white orbs. Can't wait to see your owl creation! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

brenda said...

Pretty colour hues in the background carried into the fantasy blooms.

B x

Sarn said...

Wow that’s lovely. I like your new Forest Flower stamp. Great inking and sparkle! X

Linby said...

Beautiful colour combo and magical flowers.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A stunning card Pauline, your colouring is gorgeous, so is the design.
Faith x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous colours Pauline and such a fabulous design.
Lorraine

Cheryl W. said...

Your card is beautiful! It looks magical, and I'm certain the sparkle makes it even moreso. Thanks so much for entering your lovely creation into our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute card, I love your flowers. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Mrs.B said...

Love the colour combo with the Forest Flowers, these stamps are on my wish list - I did get Gus on my last order, just couldn't resist him.
Avril xx

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx